Film photos from the Blackpool game

Hi All,

Don't really post much but I thought some of you might like to see these film photos I got at Pride Park. Hoping to get down and do this again sometime. Fingers crossed when we're in the championship next season. Let me know what you think.

Link here
Derby County v Blackpool

This camera was my Dad's (Also a big derby fan, he's on here somewhere) and had been sitting in the loft for years before getting a new lease of life. It's an Olympus OM1 if anyone cares, think it's from the 80s. Shot on Ilford XP2 film.

A few also up on instagram and some other photos if anyone wants to see.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C50d-TZiHqL/?igsh=b2RwbnpmdnF0OTFp

226528270010-lores.jpg

7 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

A sea of empty seats.

That's to the side of the away fans.
You asked where the away fans were.  I put arrows on to show you, and @Foreveram states there were 1200 of them.

Those empty seats are down to DCFC, not the travelling Blackpool fans.
Is there a point to your posts?  🤷‍♂️

58 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I'm not trying to be a smartarse, it just appears (from the shot looking towards the South East corner), that there's hardly any Blackpool fans.

Got yer.  👍

I can never work out why they they shove them to the left/East when numbers are low, leaving one massive gap towards the south stand.

If they're not going to hand those seats over for home fans, and they insist on so many empty seats for segregation, at least shove the away fans centrally and symmetrically in the corner.  It plays havoc with my OCD!  🤣

Maybe they trust the east standers more than the south standers to behave themselves, hence the bigger gap to the south stand (when numbers are low)?  🤷‍♂️

PS:
No accusations of being a smart-arse were intended, in my previous post(s).  🍻

Edited by Mucker1884

Thanks all for taking a look. Will try colour next time as it's hard to distinguish the players or the different fans.

16 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Fantastic pics.

Out of curiosity, where does one procure ones film? I have a Pentax ME Super from the early 80s that I'd love to revive.

I buy mine from a place called analogue wonderland. https://analoguewonderland.co.uk/
Send me a message if you want to buy some, I can send you a referral and you'll get a deal.

16 hours ago, 8Leeds said:

I used to love doing photography and working with black and white. There’s just something far more majestic about it.

Lots of decent film cameras knocking around on ebay still! Do you still have yours?

13 hours ago, minesahartington said:

I had an OM1 in the early 80’s . Fantastic camera. Now I use my phone for gawds sake

Really love this camera, take it everywhere.

16 hours ago, Crewton said:

I had an OM10 through most of the 80s - that was a great camera for a simple snapper like me to use. The OM1 was up a notch or two IIRC.

Great photos Jake.

I started with an OM10 but it started to lock up and I was wasting film. You're right about the OM1 being a few notches above.

The Blackpool fans were sat in the top right of this picture. You can't really tell them apart in these pictures but they were there!

226528270002-lores.jpg

1 hour ago, jake0400 said:

Thanks all for taking a look. Will try colour next time as it's hard to distinguish the players or the different fans.

I buy mine from a place called analogue wonderland. https://analoguewonderland.co.uk/
Send me a message if you want to buy some, I can send you a referral and you'll get a deal.

Lots of decent film cameras knocking around on ebay still! Do you still have yours?

Really love this camera, take it everywhere.

I started with an OM10 but it started to lock up and I was wasting film. You're right about the OM1 being a few notches above.

The Blackpool fans were sat in the top right of this picture. You can't really tell them apart in these pictures but they were there!

226528270002-lores.jpg

I don’t mate. It was part of a course i did when I was at college many moons ago.

Rule 9 clearly printed on the notice entitled Official Notice Ground Regulations which was displayed around the BBG states

With the exception of authorised press representatives holding official passes, the taking of of photographs or cine photography inside the ground in prohibited. In addition no recording , whether for radio or television or for private use purposes and whether for transmission or otherwise save with a special authorisation in writing by the Club.

The sign is 2 feet tall by 15 inches wide, I was given it shortly after the last match at the BBG, the sign was clearly written before the mobile phone which allows everyone to carry a camera😂 There are 29 regulations on the sign,  all of which I have seen broken in my many years attending the BBG🤣    

41 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Rule 9 clearly printed on the notice entitled Official Notice Ground Regulations which was displayed around the BBG states

With the exception of authorised press representatives holding official passes, the taking of of photographs or cine photography inside the ground in prohibited. In addition no recording , whether for radio or television or for private use purposes and whether for transmission or otherwise save with a special authorisation in writing by the Club.

The sign is 2 feet tall by 15 inches wide, I was given it shortly after the last match at the BBG, the sign was clearly written before the mobile phone which allows everyone to carry a camera😂 There are 29 regulations on the sign,  all of which I have seen broken in my many years attending the BBG🤣    

I actually had a bit of bother getting it into the ground. Gate security at first said it wasn't allowed in

44 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

There is a difference between carrying a phone and using the camera part of it though.It is still part of the ground rules though but like most of the ground rules it’s completely ignored. 😂

I was incidentally stood next to the away entrance last week watching an overzealous steward checking the entire contents of peoples bags and pulling out a camera.

He proceeded to pass it to the head steward along with another steward who scrutinised it for a few seconds and then declared, yeah, that’ll be alright 😂

IMG_0243.png