Have we had a shot on target ?

Ramfan1958

Actually we held a sweepstake tonight to guess the minute we would have an effort on target the winner was a mate who said 43rd minute whilst it was the 39 minute- most of us went for the second half around 70 minutes 

22 minutes ago, TaahnRam said:

As s*** as tonight was would it burst your bubble to say we scored with a shot on target in the first half 

It wasn't a shot. 😀

Seriously though, we did have what could technically be considered as shots/attempts on target but I reckon I could have safely caught most of them.

We are just a team of very old men,who can run around for 15/20 minuets and then as all old men do tire very quickly.

My answer would be to act very quickly,put Warne on gardening leave,and employ one of either a spanish or italian coach,who can find young and fit players,or let under 21 s into the team.

This has to be carried out with the utmost of urgency,before we lose our chance of escaping this bloody awful league and have to spend another season here !

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It wasn't a shot. 😀

Seriously though, we did have what could technically be considered as shots/attempts on target but I reckon I could have safely caught most of them.

So “headers on target” aren’t counted as “shots on target”?? Interesting. Do HoT contribute to xG??

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

At half time, both teams had had three shots, with the Cash goal being the only effort on target.

We were home to fifth bottom who were winless in 18, and we’d had three shots.

By the 98th minute we hadn’t fashioned any half decent open play opportunity.

Yes but other than that we're still 2nd. 😄

I don't understand how with so many skilful wide players, and players that can play through the middle and a midfield that could pass the ball, how do we create so little. What happened to them?

Lost count of the number of home games this season when I have looked at the clock showing 30 minutes played and we have not had an effort on goal. We seem to come out with no intensity and just pass the ball around the back to no effect. All this achieves is to allow the away side to settle and quieten the home support. Sadly come to the conclusion that Warne has to be replace at the nd of the season wherever we finish.