Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

39 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gijs-smal/profil/spieler/374212

I would like us to take a look at this guy his number of assists are freighting last year got 10 also isn't on a big wage his names been linked with Rangers and Celtic 

Market value of 6 million euros, even if remotely accurate, is way beyond our likely budget.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Market value of 6 million euros, even if remotely accurate, is way beyond our likely budget.

Well the good news is he is available as a PCA then isn't it

Just now, Dryhorce said:

But you said he’s linked with Celtic and Rangers, anyone who knows our recent financial history would be sensible enough to consider how unlikely it is for us to compete with those two clubs currently. 

Your suggestions seem to ignore our reality. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

But you said he’s linked with Celtic and Rangers, anyone who knows our recent financial history would be sensible enough to consider how unlikely it is for us to compete with those two clubs currently. 

Your suggestions seem to ignore our reality. 

Rangers and Celtic get linked to players every day doesn't mean it's happening Borna Barisec is moving to Turkey to they'll link anybody to them

My suggestions have mainly been free so no there pretty in trend with the financial elements of the club

I did say if we had cash to play with there are others that would love us to sign

Watson and Kilmarnock and Miller at Motherwell are excellent young players with a high celling to sell on one day for a lot of money

2 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

I don't know what PCA stands for but I assume it relates to the fact that his current contract expires in June.

If he really is good enough to have a market value of 6 million euros I can't really see him joining a club that will either be in league 1 next season or finding their feet in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't know what PCA stands for but I assume it relates to the fact that his current contract expires in June.

If he really is good enough to have a market value of 6 million euros I can't really see him joining a club that will either be in league 1 next season or finding their feet in the Championship.

Maybe he will look at Ipswich if they reach the EPL and think that he has a chance in getting there with us?

It's always sour plums with everything isn't it?

Well I believe we got a good club and good City and that with our history we should be attracting these kind of players 

Don't you believe that we are going up then?

Edited by Dryhorce

Maybe he will look at Ipswich if they reach the EPL and think that he has a chance in getting there with us?

It's always sour plums with everything isn't it?

Well I believe we got a good club and good City and that with our history we should be attracting these kind of players 

Don't you believe that we are going up then?

Did I say I didn't believe that we are going up? I suggested we'll either be a league one team next season or one trying to find it's feet in the Championship.

If a player has realistic ambitions of playing in the Premier League any time soon, and is attracting interest from clubs with real potential of reaching that level (if they're not there already) in the short term, then we have to face facts that Derby are unlikely to be on their radar. The city and our history will be irrelevant to such individuals.

No offence intended and, it doesn't matter if it isn't but, is English your first language? No one says sour plums. I only ask because it will help us cut you a little more slack regarding the way you communicate. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Did I say I didn't believe that we are going up? I suggested we'll either be a league one team next season or one trying to find it's feet in the Championship.

If a player has realistic ambitions of playing in the Premier League any time soon, and is attracting interest from clubs with real potential of reaching that level (if they're not there already) in the short term, then we have to face facts that Derby are unlikely to be on their radar. The city and our history will be irrelevant to such individuals.

No offence intended and, it doesn't matter if it isn't but, is English your first language? No one says sour plums. I only ask because it will help us cut you a little more slack regarding the way you communicate. 

Stick to the football pal no need to quiz me about my nationality 

Who says he is getting linked to any other championship clubs?

Two seconds ago you hadn't even heard of this player 😳 

8 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

I think it’s clear he meant in a general sense, it was a point relating once more to our recent situation as a club and the reality of that which you again seem either unaware of, ill informed about, ignorant to, or knowingly dismissive of.

If, as we all hope, the club gets promoted it is likely we will strengthen the squad but within the limits of our budget, according to the recruitment patterns of the manager and head of recruitment, in a sensible, realistic and balanced manner. It is unlikely that we would refresh the entire squad as you have suggested

7 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Did I say I hadn't heard of him? 

As it is I hadn't but my point is, if he's that good then I would have though more established Championship teams (or lower end Prem league teams) would be showing an interest. It was you that plucked the Ipswich out of thin air.

I couldn't care less what your nationality is. I was just trying to reduce the risk of you being mocked or picked up for some of your harder to understand posts. But hey ho. As I say, it really doesn't bother me if you'd rather not say.

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think it’s clear he meant in a general sense, it was a point relating once more to our recent situation as a club and the reality of that which you again seem either unaware of, ill informed about, ignorant to, or knowingly dismissive of.

If, as we all hope, the club gets promoted it is likely we will strengthen the squad but within the limits of our budget, according to the recruitment patterns of the manager and head of recruitment, in a sensible, realistic and balanced manner. It is unlikely that we would refresh the entire squad as you have suggested

Read through the comments I've already spoke about the clubs financial situation 

Loads of dosh getting freed up for new players on free transfers 

Every player has a price if we get offers they'll go that is the reality of football these days ever club is a selling club

Championship the levels going up and the suggestions I've made I'm sticking with

Lyall Cameron would be a great signing even if its a case of tracking him until his contract wind's down if we can afford the £500 000 that they would probably accept for him

5 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Read through the comments I've already spoke about the clubs financial situation 

Every player has a price if we get offers they'll go that is the reality of football these days ever club is a selling club

Championship the levels going up and the suggestions I've made I'm sticking with

Lyall Cameron would be a great signing even if its a case of tracking him until his contract wind's down if we can afford the £500 000 that they would probably accept for him

I haven’t got time to read through the comments I want to go to  the Bolton game tomorrow 

Any player suggestion?

It will depend on a few factors, what league we are in, what our budget will be in said league and if we don’t get promoted who the manager is. Who we retain ie will Cashin leave if we get promoted I think it would be detrimental to his career to have another season in league one. Will we retain any that are out of contract at the end of the season 

I would definitely try and sign Adams but not being privy to our budget I don’t know what players we could attract but I’m sure we won’t be paying any of them £20K a week 

14 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

You really haven’t, I’ve been responding to your posts for a couple of days and there’s very little substance backing up your knowledge of Derby County or the situation the club has been in, there’s plenty to suggest you watch a lot of Scottish football and are informed on that so well done there.

1 minute ago, Henrycav81 said:

It will depend on a few factors, what league we are in, what our budget will be in said league and if we don’t get promoted who the manager is. Who we retain ie will Cashin leave if we get promoted I think it would be detrimental to his career to have another season in league one. Will we retain any that are out of contract at the end of the season 

I would definitely try and sign Adams but not being privy to our budget I don’t know what players we could attract but I’m sure we won’t be paying any of them £20K a week 

I dissagree we need tried and tested that have went up before 

Scott MacKenna fits that category still 27 young enough to end up selling on left footed good passer steps out from the back

Well worth £20 000 a week in my opinion top drawer free transfer the kind that we need

And as I've already said if John Souttar is available on loan for Rangers and continues to the year injury free he would be a top loan, might not played in championship but played against better harder team for Rangers in Europe and done well for Scotland when he has been selected 

Another guy that steps out from the back who can pass the ball has a brilliant footballing IQ that the good teams up in the championship have

We get the spine right we stay up next year its very important 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You really haven’t, I’ve been responding to your posts for a couple of days and there’s very little substance backing up your knowledge of Derby County or the situation the club has been in, there’s plenty to suggest you watch a lot of Scottish football and are informed on that so well done there.

Really yet mentioned £8.8 million for surviving in the championship that might go back to paying debts?

Pretty sure that I did mention this so the idea that I don't know about the clubs financial plight is simply wrong and patronising