Supporters’ Board

Dcfc_Sterling

Evening Rams Fans, 

if you haven’t already, please vote on the below link on X/Twitter regarding the clubs recent announcement of the proposed Supporters Board.

https://x.com/dcfcbawt/status/1708515416052527578?s=46&t=GRug7nE6PIjj2FsEXblEIQ

For reference: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/09/supporters-charter-group-statement-290923

13 minutes ago, Dcfc_Sterling said:

Evening Rams Fans, 

if you haven’t already, please vote on the below link on X/Twitter regarding the clubs recent announcement of the proposed Supporters Board.

https://x.com/dcfcbawt/status/1708515416052527578?s=46&t=GRug7nE6PIjj2FsEXblEIQ

For reference: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/09/supporters-charter-group-statement-290923

Why would people not be in favour of a Supporters Board at all?

Asking for a friend. 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why would people not be in favour of a Supporters Board at all?

Asking for a friend. 

I guess the question is more why would you? The current proposal covers what effectively is the “golden share” so it’d make more sense to give that to Rams Trust and get experienced folk in the board room, not powerless folk who can’t even report to a regulator if/when it even comes..

it’d make more sense to wait for the governments recommendations on the white paper, review it and see how it could fit at DCFC. 

6 minutes ago, Dcfc_Sterling said:

Paul McCarthy has been driving this as a paid consultant for PR and crisis management alongside the FSA who disagreed with holding a democratic election with the fan base!

Who? What? Background info please.

The original proposal from the club's was:

In line with the FSA’s recommendations, it is proposed that the SB consists of six members, constituted as follows:

1 x member from Rams Trust as the official supporter group focussed on governance issues (as per guidance in the White Paper).

2 x existing members from the groups that make up the SCG which meet (or plan to meet) FSA core principles.

3 x independent members

Has this changed or are they splitting recruitment into 2 phases? 3 members from the SCG first, then independents next?

My (very limited) understanding of this is that DC wants to have some checks in place via a ‘fan board’ with clear roles, responsibilities and vetos to ensure there is fan participation in some decision making.

It may stop us ever getting in the mess we were in a couple of years ago….if the details are well thought through.

I think it’s an offer the fan base would be utterly stupid to turn down ….. but of course there will be some devil in the detail.

I think it would be wiser to lobby for changes in roles and responsibilities rather than petitioning to get the whole thing binned.

From the first bit of info a while back, it looked like an application, interview and appointment process.

I think appointment of high calibre individuals into such roles is better than a vote but that’s just my opinion.

According to the FSA, we're the only club they've ever dealt with where some sections of the fanbase have objected to being offered an increased level of representation🤦‍♂️ The Supporters Board will have the power to stop the sale of Pride Park and a change in the club colours from the traditional Black and White.

It's an absolute no-brainer but for some reason BAWT want to stop it happening🤔

7 hours ago, Red Ram said:

According to the FSA, we're the only club they've ever dealt with where some sections of the fanbase have objected to being offered an increased level of representation🤦‍♂️ The Supporters Board will have the power to stop the sale of Pride Park and a change in the club colours from the traditional Black and White.

It's an absolute no-brainer but for some reason BAWT want to stop it happening🤔

And that kind of situation would happen once in a blue moon, which as I referred to earlier in my previous post as the “Golden Share”. You don’t need to a Supporters Board when the golden share covers that. Looking at the poll it’s not just BAWT that oppose the idea. 

Edited by Dcfc_Sterling

8 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

My (very limited) understanding of this is that DC wants to have some checks in place via a ‘fan board’ with clear roles, responsibilities and vetos to ensure there is fan participation in some decision making.

It may stop us ever getting in the mess we were in a couple of years ago….if the details are well thought through.

I think it’s an offer the fan base would be utterly stupid to turn down ….. but of course there will be some devil in the detail.

I think it would be wiser to lobby for changes in roles and responsibilities rather than petitioning to get the whole thing binned.

From the first bit of info a while back, it looked like an application, interview and appointment process.

I think appointment of high calibre individuals into such roles is better than a vote but that’s just my opinion.

RE your last paragraph, I agree, experienced DoF would be the first action the club needs to take, not fans from the SCG who would be under NDA, it’s Cosy Club MK2 all over again.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

https://www.change.org/p/stop-the-shadow-board-at-derby-protect-our-club

image.thumb.png.3cfd0d777ec967a96b86da11d41f6797.png

I'm not sure what any of this is all about and I also can't see the good in it, anyone help clarify what this is all about?

It talks of lack of accountability and limited transparency due to the NDAs, that's just bizarre. The very creation of a shadow board is a demonstration of accountability and transparency and should be cherished. An NDA is perfectly normal, what do they expect? A free for all, you want to share the detail behind the published accounts, go for it!