Is expectation too high .

Curtains

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

We often discuss this during a match, someone can have a speculative shot from thirty yards that the keeper catches without moving, shot on target.

Someone shoots from the edge of the area, keeper nowhere near it, ball hits the underside of the bar and bounces away. Shot off target, which one gets the crowd to their feet.

Which is exactly the reason for the xg stat. It gives you the quality of the chance and how likely you are to score from it

Just now, Chris_Martin said:

Yes of course I do.

The fact that you have now dodged answering this question 3 times makes me believe you dont actually know. 

I’ve told you the answer lol. 
If you chose not to accept it or don’t like it or think it’s not adequate then I can’t help anymore. 
Warnes preference is 3-5-2 but he’s got injuries so he has had to adapt a more flexible approach 

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’ve told you the answer lol. 
If you chose not to accept it or don’t like it or think it’s not adequate then I can’t help anymore. 
Warnes preference is 3-5-2 but he’s got injuries so he has had to adapt a more flexible approach 

That's not really tactical though that's just a formation. If all it takes is to pick a formation, anyone could do it. 

When I asked you before all you said is 'adaptable' which isnt anything specific. 

What have you seen tactically that you like so much and that has made you believe in warne ?

10 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

That's not really tactical though that's just a formation. If all it takes is to pick a formation, anyone could do it. 

When I asked you before all you said is 'adaptable' which isnt anything specific. 

What have you seen tactically that you like so much and that has made you believe in warne ?

The fact he wants to get on the front foot quickly. He wants to get the ball in the box quickly and he likes breaking the lines but I admit he hasn’t got it right yet this season but he will.  

Why are you so sceptical and obtuse. 
PS He also likes a good set piece long throws into the box and he likes lots of chances on goal 

He also like high work rate and wing backs tracking back and getting forward.

He wants discipline in the players but also get on with them and he likes them to buy into his ways 

What’s not to like !

Edited by Curtains
Added

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The fact he wants to get on the front foot quickly. He wants to get the ball in the box quickly and he likes breaking the lines but I admit he hasn’t got it right yet this season but he will.  

How did our attempts to get on the front foot against Bolton go?  We couldn't get the ball off them for 20 minutes.

Edited by Blondest Goat

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Ok. What makes you think he will get it right though ?

I am sceptical because I dont agree with the tactics and have seen nothing over the last 12 months to make me think warne is anything more than an average EFL manager. A lot of what we do in game is too negative, very basic, and very predictable. I dont enjoy watching us play this way and it frustrates me because I know the players are capable of more.

4 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

How did our attempts to get on the front foot against Bolton go?  We couldn't get the ball off them for 20 minutes.

Well 2nd half was difficult with 10 men but we finished as the stronger team .

1st half was ok but I admit Bolton had good possession.

We scored but then conceded a none penalty outside the box with a poor challenge from Smith

Why pick on Bolton game why not ask why we scored 7 against Posh and Burton !

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

Ok. What makes you think he will get it right though ?

I am sceptical because I dont agree with the tactics and have seen nothing over the last 12 months to make me think warne is anything more than an average EFL manager. A lot of what we do in game is too negative, very basic, and very predictable. I dont enjoy watching us play this way and it frustrates me because I know the players are capable of more.

Fair enough that’s your opinion.  I just maybe am more patient than you at the moment.  
Guve it until Xmas and we will revisit this for a review. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Well 2nd half was difficult with 10 men but we finished as the stronger team .

1st half was ok but I admit Bolton had good possession.

We scored but then conceded a none penalty outside the box with a poor challenge from Smith

Why pick on Bolton game why not ask why we scored 7 against Posh and Burton !

Cos it is the most glaring example of us not playing on the front foot at all.  Completely timid and showing the opposition way too much respect.  

1 minute ago, Blondest Goat said:

Cos it is the most glaring example of us not playing on the front foot at all.  Completely timid and showing the opposition way too much respect.  

Do you believe the home team have an advantage at all.

Do you think it’s easier to play away or at home because statistically home form is normally a given advantage 

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Do you believe the home team have an advantage at all.

Do you think it’s easier to play away or at home because statistically home form is normally a given advantage 

why did we sit back so much and end up holding on desperately to a 1-0 lead at home to fleetwood?

4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

why did we sit back so much and end up holding on desperately to a 1-0 lead at home to fleetwood?

Well that was a bit frustrating but sometimes you have to give the opposition credit.  I think we lost to Fleetwood at home last season. 
We had 2 defeats at home prior to that game and we really needed the points so parked the bus a little bit .

We should have tied the game up earlier I admit. 
Still early days  

PS Didn’t Thompson have to go off in that game with a calf injury and Rooney as  well  

Sibley came on I believe but not fully fit 

I hope we perform against Pompey 

Edited by Curtains

7 hours ago, Curtains said:

Fair enough that’s your opinion.  I just maybe am more patient than you at the moment.  
Guve it until Xmas and we will revisit this for a review. 

Oh come on ive only just figured out what xg is meant to be and now you want to throwin xmas 🤷🏻‍♂️,

expected movement after scoring? 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

This I just extremely silly and naive , how many times have you seen far better managers than warne with far better teams and far better players than warne bemoan his team dropping too deep when they have come under pressure or winning a game ,,, that’s players and how they respond to what’s happening on the pitch in real time , you do realise football is a moving physical game with two sets of eleven over 90 mins don’t you ,don’t you🤷🏻‍♂️

bolton away , two pretty poor teams on the day for differing reasons and in differing ways , if your derby as the away side why would you expend all your energy and pull yourself out of shape chasing after the ball when they are doing bugger all to hurt you with it ?
a manager can have all the tactics he wants in any game but if the players are off it and not firing it won’t make a blind bit of difference unless of course that happens too often for too long without results comming in which case the manager gets sacked ,

we have started the season poorly but two very good away wins with 7 goals scored are a decent return too , I will take those two wins as important, some will discount them as meaning nothing ,throwing out this stat , that stat ,this number ect or come up with but the other team did this or that and give us all the ifs , buts and maybe s , which they’re less keen to do when we lose

goals change games , goals define games , at this level refs change games , players are lifted or deflated by them , crowds are lifted or deflated by them , approaches have to change ect ect ect ,

football is not a sterile numbers game , it’s not played on paper or later day on spreadsheets ,it’s a vibrant organic thing unfolding taking twists and turns in front of our eyes on the pitch,

I say again , we’ve started quite poorly and if warne doesn’t get it right and get results he’s gone , im not at that point yet , some are but to be fair many of those don’t want him , never wanted him and never will 

15 minutes ago, Archied said:

This I just extremely silly and naive , how many times have you seen far better managers than warne with far better teams and far better players than warne bemoan his team dropping too deep when they have come under pressure or winning a game ,,, that’s players and how they respond to what’s happening on the pitch in real time , you do realise football is a moving physical game with two sets of eleven over 90 mins don’t you ,don’t you🤷🏻‍♂️

bolton away , two pretty poor teams on the day for differing reasons and in differing ways , if your derby as the away side why would you expend all your energy and pull yourself out of shape chasing after the ball when they are doing bugger all to hurt you with it ?
a manager can have all the tactics he wants in any game but if the players are off it and not firing it won’t make a blind bit of difference unless of course that happens too often for too long without results comming in which case the manager gets sacked ,

we have started the season poorly but two very good away wins with 7 goals scored are a decent return too , I will take those two wins as important, some will discount them as meaning nothing ,throwing out this stat , that stat ,this number ect or come up with but the other team did this or that and give us all the ifs , buts and maybe s , which they’re less keen to do when we lose

goals change games , goals define games , at this level refs change games , players are lifted or deflated by them , crowds are lifted or deflated by them , approaches have to change ect ect ect ,

football is not a sterile numbers game , it’s not played on paper or later day on spreadsheets ,it’s a vibrant organic thing unfolding taking twists and turns in front of our eyes on the pitch,

I say again , we’ve started quite poorly and if warne doesn’t get it right and get results he’s gone , im not at that point yet , some are but to be fair many of those don’t want him , never wanted him and never will 

Bang on!! 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Oh come on ive only just figured out what xg is meant to be and now you want to throwin xmas 🤷🏻‍♂️,

expected movement after scoring? 🤷🏻‍♂️

So what exactly is xG? Essentially, Expected Goals (xG) is a metric that's intended to measure the probability of a shot resulting in a goal. The purpose is to show when a player should be expected to score from a particular opportunity, by basically rating how good of a goal-scoring opportunity it is.

DOES NOT TAKE INtO ACCOUNT UNEXPECTED RABBIT HOLES 🐇 HOWEVER Lol 😂