A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Guessing 2004-2005 vs Brighton I think, because of Idiakez and Taylor in the starting 11.

Really loved that era of Rasiak and Idiakez.

must say I think Marco Reich was massively under rated IMHO

I agree. That team was great fun to watch. Idiakez is the only player I can think of where you'd be more confident of him scoring a 30 yard free kick than a penalty. I though Reich was really good too. He was massive in us surviving relegation in 03/04.

6 hours ago, admira said:

107. Year, opponents and memories. 1-0 away win. 

image.png.d1731043beec77087cc3633aa03971eb.png

Sheffield united away. FA Cup. Possibly 85. One of my favourite away days, along with the league game at the same place. The away end was soooooo full for both games, when we scored it was impossible to stay in the same place. It was like a tsunami moving everyone around.

6 hours ago, richinspain said:

Sheffield united away. FA Cup. Possibly 85. One of my favourite away days, along with the league game at the same place. The away end was soooooo full for both games, when we scored it was impossible to stay in the same place. It was like a tsunami moving everyone around.

January 1986, arrived in Sheffield a little worst for wear our designated driver parked in St marys church car park within a stones throw of the away end.

Managed to get into the ground just as the match kicked off, rare for those days some of our crew has seat tickets, others had standing tickets, i had aquired a seat ticket, the away end was in full song c8000 Derby fans chanting Arthur Cox's Black and White army the noise was near on deafening. The match progressed the Rams were playing better than their oppositon a full division above them.

The Blades breakaway with 10 minutes or so and the now Roy Hodgson sidekick, Ray Lewington places a scruffy shot past Mark Wallington into the goal. The 8000 are silenced briefly, the flag goes up for offside and it is disallowed, Cacophony in the away end is resumed with a greater volume than before the annulment. 

A furher 10-15 minutes go by, Derby are still in the ascendency, we get a corner, it is swung over by Jeff Chandler?, Captain Marvel rises a above the United defence and buries his header into the back of the net.

Derby fans are in raptures, the match sort of peters out with Derby holding the Blades quite comfortably, the final whistle blows and the super rams are in the Fifth Round.

Coming out of the ground the atmosphere is a little hostile with the natives unhappy that their own (obviously offside) goal was disallowed and the FA cup adventures curtailed for another year.

We embark in our vehicle to head back into the God's county and decide to have a few refreshment stops on the way home, much singing and dancing in Chesterfield, Clay Cross, Shirland, Ofton and Marehay.

i get dropped off at home c 8pm, it is cold evening and the frost is spreading it's silvery sparkly fingers over the lawn and driveway around the house.

i suddenly click that i  was supposed to be taking my new very attractive girlfriend out for the night, i had forgot completely with the euphoria of victory celebrations and the intense alcholic haze.

I smelt strongly of man sweat and stale bitter etc. so i had 30 minutes to run a bath and make myself presentable for the said young lady who was to arrive in our Taxi at 8.30pm and then onto Derby for a night of Dancing and more alcohol.

Got in the bath and the next thing i know i wake up with a cold shock, it is pitch black and the water of my once steaming bath is tepid.

With pounding head i get gingerly out and start to dry myself and get myself warm.

i look at the clock it is 3am, suddenly in blind panic i realise that i had a date 6 hours plus before.

i search the house vainly expecting the said young lady to be there instead i find the inevitable Dear John letter on the mantlepiece.

Edited by I DONT MIND