Goalscorers

RamLad1884

10 hours ago, Allen said:

For what it’s worth, here’s my predictions on league goals each member of the current squad will get

Ward 6

Wilson 3

Elder 1

Fossy 1

Nelson 2

Bradley 3

Smith 1

Bird 6

Hourihane 7

Sibs 8

Thommo 2

NML 8

Washington 14

Collo 18

Barks 4 

Hope I haven’t forgotten anyone. That’s a total of 84 which is 17 more than last season and without any new arrivals, which I don’t think will be the case.

I also expect us to concede less than last season.

Think we’re in for a good season. COIYR.

Sibley 8 ???

im not sure he’ll get 8 starts tbh 

Sibley’s definitely got goals in him. Would love to see him get a run of games playing as a number 10 which would hopefully give him the confidence to kick on. Will be a big season for Louie. Has so much to offer but it hasn’t quite happened for him so far. Next season’s the season for him. Come on Louie!

On 31/07/2023 at 06:28, Magicman said:

Very optimistic think its 10 + more than we will get . Sibs won't play much and our 2 strikers won't get 28 goals between them neither will Birdy get 6 !!

Tend to agree ....

Impossible to predict but it does show even on paper that 80+ goals is a lot to spread round.

On 31/07/2023 at 02:04, Allen said:

For what it’s worth, here’s my predictions on league goals each member of the current squad will get

Ward 6

Wilson 3

Elder 1

Fossy 1

Nelson 2

Bradley 3

Smith 1

Bird 6

Hourihane 7

Sibs 8

Thommo 2

NML 8

Washington 14

Collo 18

Barks 4 

Hope I haven’t forgotten anyone. That’s a total of 84 which is 17 more than last season and without any new arrivals, which I don’t think will be the case.

I also expect us to concede less than last season.

Think we’re in for a good season. COIYR.

With you on the Sibley prediction and Collins could get more goals with Wards crosses coming in. 6 for Bird takes a leap in faith after 3 in 139 games. But playing more forward he will get the chances.

On 31/07/2023 at 08:45, Caerphilly Ram said:

I like it, bit of friendly competition within the squad, he mentioned last season wanting more goals from midfield and we clearly need it. I can see Bird and possibly even Smith chipping in with more, hopefully Sibley gets a run in a forward position and can bag a few too.

Then in true Warne style the winner of the mini competition within the squad gets a commemorative plate and gravy boat with his face on!

What on earth would we do that for? Come on, be sensible!

I feel the answer to getting a goal scorer in will be through the loan market and that will happen within the last couple or so days before the window shuts, when Premiership and Championship sides have decided which of their young talents can go out on loan. The current strikers we have will probably score similar amount of goals between them.  Meaning Collins, Waghorn and Washington will all get around 10 goals.  Maybe Dujuane Brown could be the answer and hopefully Mendez-Lang, Barkhuizen and Sibley will all chip in, the latter two when fit again.

13 hours ago, Allen said:

Love Chris Martin to bits but honestly don’t see him providing the pace we so desperately need. Wouldn’t mind Dobbin back though, provided he’s bought a pair of shooting boots.

The thread's called "goalscorers". We're already filling the team with players who don't score. Bringing Dobbin back would be the laughable icing on the cake.

Martin would likely score more goals than any of Collins, Washington and Waghorn (and probably combined) but we're already paying the wages of those other three now, so it seems unlikely. But surely better than Sharp or Rhodes if either is still being considered?