In and Out

jono

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Bamford in me is asking: Where’s the source for this transfer?

Maybe this thread would be better suited to the Rams talk?

My thinking is: this is the transfer forum, this thread addresses the number of transfers in and out. So I see a head and name count of transfers as being relevant ? 

We all know the pitfalls of the squad last season and why we failed to sustain over the course of the season. It's important to factor in that we're going to have injuries - unfortunate as it is we are likely to see at least one person injured for the season or just struggle to feature. James Chester was that man last season. 

We just need to make sure we're covered. In terms of depth, I think we need one more CB. In terms of quality, I think we need CM, AM & ST. 

I think the loan market will be used to prop up the depth in the squad and we probably won't see much movement in that area until late into the window in case players pick up injuries and we need to cover for them. 

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

From those who actually played for the first team in any competition last season:

Out
Knight (3455 mins)
McGoldrick (3142 mins)
Dobbin (2548 mins)
Davies (1395 mins)
Stearman (939 mins)
Osula (710 mins)
Chester (562 mins)
White (537 mins)
Oduroh (402 mins)
Springett (218 mins)
Cybulski (97 mins)
Aghatise (14 mins)

So for my own mind (I get the minutes thing but want to see it from a game by game basis) and looking at what we are replacing -

The big 3 in terms of games we are needing to replace.

38 games for Knight - MD

35 games for McGoldrick - ST

28 games for Dobbin - MD

Then the rest.

15 1/2 games for Davies - DF

10 games for Stearman - DF

8 games for Osula - ST

2 1/2 games for Springett - MD

1 game for Bart - ST

a run on for Aghatise. - MD

So, 4 first teamers, first 11 and bench players, who play most of the season covers all those 9 players.

44 games for a striker needed.

68 games for midfielders although Knight covered some of these at full back so can take some of these off mid and add them to defence.

26 games for defenders.

From what we have signed so far I think we have covered all of that and more, except for the quality in striker role as we all keep saying.

4 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Springett really was an awful signing wasn’t he

Think he was a bit of a panic signing, needed an extra body wide, and couldn't spend a penny in fees for them. Naturally that reduces the number of players we could go for.

Don't think he ever got a fair crack at it really, but aside from the involvement in the winner at Port Vale didn't show too much.

4 hours ago, England Ram said:

So for my own mind (I get the minutes thing but want to see it from a game by game basis) and looking at what we are replacing -

38 games for Knight - MD

28 games for Dobbin - MD

Then the rest.

8 games for Osula - ST

1 game for Bart - ST

So, 4 first teamers, first 11 and bench players, who play most of the season covers all those 9 players.

68 games for midfielders although Knight covered some of these at full back so can take some of these off mid and add them to defence.

26 games for defenders.

From what we have signed so far I think we have covered all of that and more, except for the quality in striker role as we all keep saying.

Hayden ?

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

We all know the pitfalls of the squad last season and why we failed to sustain over the course of the season. It's important to factor in that we're going to have injuries - unfortunate as it is we are likely to see at least one person injured for the season or just struggle to feature. James Chester was that man last season. 

We just need to make sure we're covered. In terms of depth, I think we need one more CB. In terms of quality, I think we need CM, AM & ST. 

I think the loan market will be used to prop up the depth in the squad and we probably won't see much movement in that area until late into the window in case players pick up injuries and we need to cover for them. 

I agree we need back up to cover injuries but I don’t think u can use James Chester as an example he was an injury waiting to happen, personally keeping on a tight budget I think Forsyth and Rooney will be well capable 

51 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

I agree we need back up to cover injuries but I don’t think u can use James Chester as an example he was an injury waiting to happen, personally keeping on a tight budget I think Forsyth and Rooney will be well capable 

It amazes me the number of folk wanting Rooney, Thommo and others going out on loan. NO it’s those youngsters who ARE your cover and they might get the chance to show their metal in front of their own fans. It’s part of the process, the transition from bit part to full squad player. It’s a rite of passage. You might send some out if you have 40+ pros but we haven’t ! I want our young guns panting in the wings .. I might get my chance ! Fired up ready … not farmed out to Snottingham Academicals to play in front of a pulsating crown of 2,271. 

6 hours ago, England Ram said:

38 games for Knight - MD

28 games for Dobbin - MD

Then the rest.

8 games for Osula - ST

1 game for Bart - ST

26 games for defenders.

Well first of  all you assume that your striker replacement is going to play all 44 games without injury and without needing a rest after chasing the ball upfield for 70 minutes. To get another 44 games out of someone we need to sign two strikers. You might count Washington as a striker but really he is more of a support  player I think. 

Also I think we need to factor in that Fozzy will play less minutes this coming season he is getting on a bit now.   

You also left out White who came into midfield. And Chester played the odd game too.