Strikers,as in more than one !!

stevenanne

44 minutes ago, stevenanne said:

Come on Derby,let's have some movement,we've let Stearman,Davies,Chester and Mcgoldrick go,Jason Knight perhaps may go to but its frontmem needed now,James Collins is a hold up target man,we need a fox in the box type player,a Billy Sharp type.

Are you a twitcher Stevenanne?

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

The secret to a happy life is making compromises. D C may have to loosen the purse strings a little , and if Billy Sharpe and Lyle Taylor start as our front two on the first day , us fans will have to bite our lips.

I doubt it would be a Sharpe Taylor partnership but if it was they would get goals.

In an ideal world I'd like Alfie May and Lucas Joao. That would be the business in League One.

João would be very good, but there would be questions over his fitness / availability. He's another who's never a full season, with the highest number of league minutes played in a season being 3080, which is the only time he's managed (for one reason or another) over 2000 minutes in 10 Championship seasons.

27 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

João would be very good, but there would be questions over his fitness / availability. He's another who's never a full season, with the highest number of league minutes played in a season being 3080, which is the only time he's managed (for one reason or another) over 2000 minutes in 10 Championship seasons.

I agree, but if it wasn't for his fitness he wouldn't be having this discussion as there wouldn't be a chance he would come to a League One club. I think he would be worth a gamble though if he didn't want crazy wages as he could be a explosive foward who could play across the front line if required.

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Warne has already set his expectation that we will sign minimum of three attackers. I’m fairly confident that will be done - definitely two in time for the season. 

Whilst I share your confidence, there are two concerns niggling away at me.

Firstly, I think he also expected more signing in January but those were thwarted - probably better that than sign someone in the notoriously difficult January window. I am comforted though by the fact that, circumstances are now very different to what they were in January.

Whoever we sign, I hope they’re not last minute deals and the players have plenty of time to train and gel with the rest of the squad. I think we have a relatively favourable start to the season and it would a blow to miss the opportunity to make a fast start if we’re waiting for key players to fit in.

At the end of the day though, there is nothing we as supporters can do so there is no point getting our underwear in a tangle. I’m sure PW and his recruitment team are doing all they can to get the players they want and in situ as soon as possible.

9 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

The secret to a happy life is making compromises. D C may have to loosen the purse strings a little , and if Billy Sharpe and Lyle Taylor start as our front two on the first day , us fans will have to bite our lips.

Business plan? Moderate fees? Wages cap? Did you miss all the news and social media posts on these things? There are limits on both fees and wages that no amount of loosening, this season, can get round. 

How many strikers have moved to EFL clubs so far this window? Didzy and that's about it. Strikers are at a premium and they know it. Dither and dilly and dally to force eventual wages up. Maybe a higher signing on fee. Strikers have the power, not the clubs and DCFC has limits they may not exceed. I would not be surprised if we started the season with Collo as our only striker. Not a desired situation but certainly a realistic prospect.

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Whilst I share your confidence, there are two concerns niggling away at me.

Firstly, I think he also expected more signing in January but those were thwarted - probably better that than sign someone in the notoriously difficult January window. I am comforted though by the fact that, circumstances are now very different to what they were in January.

Whoever we sign, I hope they’re not last minute deals and the players have plenty of time to train and gel with the rest of the squad. I think we have a relatively favourable start to the season and it would a blow to miss the opportunity to make a fast start if we’re waiting for key players to fit in.

At the end of the day though, there is nothing we as supporters can do so there is no point getting our underwear in a tangle. I’m sure PW and his recruitment team are doing all they can to get the players they want and in situ as soon as possible.

... and there lies the problem IMO Tammuth. Strikers and their agents (and their current club) know they are a greatly desired and cherished product and they can afford to hold out for higher fees and wages. They hold the power, not the clubs.

Rumours are May Bonis Hogan Sharp Davies Lapado Jao & Martin (  only fan boyz) and few more. None of these , bar Sharp have high scoring records, hope we get 2 in the club asap. 

Edited by Magicman

Bielik cash will have gone straight to Arsenal. It looks like we have more than £6M in the bank from last season. It's spending limits and power being wielded by agents and players that is holding up the signing of strikers, not just by us but by everybody.

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Business plan? Moderate fees? Wages cap? Did you miss all the news and social media posts on these things? There are limits on both fees and wages that no amount of loosening, this season, can get round. 

How many strikers have moved to EFL clubs so far this window? Didzy and that's about it. Strikers are at a premium and they know it. Dither and dilly and dally to force eventual wages up. Maybe a higher signing on fee. Strikers have the power, not the clubs and DCFC has limits they may not exceed. I would not be surprised if we started the season with Collo as our only striker. Not a desired situation but certainly a realistic prospect.

No , didn’t miss all that . But having my own business for 30 years I learnt the benefit of “Speculate to Accumulate “. I was only talking about loosening the purse strings a LITTLE. A good striker could make the difference between going up and staying down. He could also get a few fans out of their armchairs and down to PP for midweek games.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

No , didn’t miss all that . But having my own business for 30 years I learnt the benefit of “Speculate to Accumulate “. I was only talking about loosening the purse strings a LITTLE. A good striker could make the difference between going up and staying down. He could also get a few fans out of their armchairs and down to PP for midweek games.

True, but if, as I suspect, "moderate fee" in L1 terms means a max of £500K, we aren't going to get much of a striker unless we get lucky like we did with Didzy. Plus, strikers worth having will be being looked at by more clubs than just us and they and their agent can play one off against the other to get the most money possible. I hope I'm wrong but I would not be surprised to see the League campaign start with only Collo on board as agents hold out for more for their striker...