IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

4 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Both U16s

29 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Rio Canoville was at Notts County 6 years ago. He's in the U16s now, but don't know if he's just on tiral at our club our joined us at some point permanently. I think it's his dad (Former Torquay and Notts County defender Lee Canoville) who runs a coaching academy called Canonville Coaching, based in Nottingham

49 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Team news:

Price

IGordon   Banks   Osayande   Gill

Eames   McAndrew

Osong   Allen   Gough

Oguntolu

Subs: Hardy, Canoville, Tola, Green, Augustien

Correction: it's Khace Gordon.

2-1 down - McAndrew assisted by Gordon

Edited by Ghost of Clough

34 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

He looks a good prospect based on the few occasions I've seen him. Do any of the members here with a better knowledge of the academy have thoughts on his current progress/potential?

I think that's 4 goals and 4 assists in his last 6 U18 games. We should see him step up to the U21s in the 2nd half of the season as we typically see with the top performing U18s at this stage of the season.

Even though he's still only 16, he's already over 6 foot tall. A step up in level will ensure he continues to develop the technical side of his game and decision making.

He'll mostly be used on the wing for thr U21s this season, but I see his long term position as a CM. However, we have DRobinson  Radcliffe, Fapetu, Hawkins and Allen, so we'll need to see a few players out on loan for him to get a chance there.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

More or less what I expected tbh, but great to see Bardell on the bench. He's had a torrid time with injuries. He's only played twice this season, on the back of only 4 games last season (including an appearance in thr FA Cup).

Gibson-Hammond will be desperate to get off our bench and make a point against his former employers - he was a regular in their U21 swaud over the last 2 seasons. This'll be his 2nd game since returned from his loan at Buxton.