Frank Fielding signed from Blackburn Rovers 9 May 2011

Day

nevermind his mistake, he'll learn from it and practise similar situations, his kicking on the other hand was a breath of fresh air :p the accuracy and distance is something we haven't seen for a few seasons.. Even Bywater's kicking out of his hands got better once his back went :D

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Severn's pass to their centre forward was excellent distribution, almost Bywater like;)

To be fair his kicking from his hands was very good, great distance and put their defence under pressure. On a less positive note, his ground kicking was no better than Bywater's with 2 or 3 going out to touch.

He's a young pup though and I guess he'll improve and learn a few new tricks, like how to catch the ball. He's either good enough or he's not, if he's not then he shouldn't be on the bench. For saying he's one of Englands best young keeper prospects to me says that he should have reasonable skills at catching or punching a ball coming in from a corner.

Sorry to seem harsh but the odd point will be the difference between survival and relegation at the end of the season in my opinion. Severn missing the ball was the reason for the goal, he completely missed it, sort of punched under the ball as it came in.

I have no axe to grind against Severn but let's keep a sense of perspective on what was observed last night.

I'm convinced either Ayala or Barker backed into him as he jumped, he just seemed to falter at the last minute.

Even if that isn't the case, one small mistake in an otherwise solid performance from the lad.

I'm convinced either Ayala or Barker backed into him as he jumped, he just seemed to falter at the last minute.

Even if that isn't the case, one small mistake in an otherwise solid performance from the lad.

From where I was, a few around me mentioned how he was pushed out the way a bit.

He did ok and made one good save, but other than that had not much else to do except completely miss a corner which gifted them a goal. Don't want to be harsh on the lad, but he cost us the match with that error.

And if he can't stand a bit of jostling then he shouldn't be in goal seeing as it happens at every single corner and free kick.

If you're out on the pitch as a first teamer, you have to be judged as a first teamer I'm afraid.

He did ok and made one good save, but other than that had not much else to do except completely miss a corner which gifted them a goal. Don't want to be harsh on the lad, but he cost us the match with that error.

And if he can't stand a bit of jostling then he shouldn't be in goal seeing as it happens at every single corner and free kick.

If you're out on the pitch as a first teamer, you have to be judged as a first teamer I'm afraid.

I think it's fair to day keepers usually do and rightly so get protection from the ref when it comes to pushing and if he took a push then if it was there player then the ref should call it. If it's ours then you could argue if Severn didn't call for it or that the defender should have made the space for the keeper rather than battle his own keeper.

I have noticed how people have started saying how Severn has cost us a point which could damage at the end of the season. I hope your not the same people that slated clough over Cywka losing us 2points because that would be very hypocritical.

I've criticised Severn for what I observed last night and subsequently reviewed on the clips shown today on Sky Sports. I stand by my original comments that it was poor goal keeping, his run towards the ball was not impeeded to the extent that it should have resulted in the error.

In Severns defence he made a couple of good saves however his ground kicking was no better or worse than Bywaters.

I fully support Clough, don't blame Tommy Pole and laugh at the sack the board chants (if only thoughs chanting it thought through what they were saying):)

It's only just gone up on the SSN website (today) that we are back in for Fielding. Why can we not just go and get someone, we always seem to muck about.

Apart from the flap by Severn last night, I didn't think he did too bad. It's a shame that he had to come into a team that concedes goals like an MP taking expenses.

I've criticised Severn for what I observed last night and subsequently reviewed on the clips shown today on Sky Sports. I stand by my original comments that it was poor goal keeping, his run towards the ball was not impeeded to the extent that it should have resulted in the error.

In Severns defence he made a couple of good saves however his ground kicking was no better or worse than Bywaters.

I fully support Clough, don't blame Tommy Pole and laugh at the sack the board chants (if only thoughs chanting it thought through what they were saying):)

he is 19 years old for gods sake,give him a break,yes he was at fault for the goal but he will learn.His ground kicking was a lot better than bywaters too.

Me think Frank will say stuff you cloughy you should of extended my deal when I was here and he'll go to Blackpool or somewhere.

( it wouldn't surprise me! )

You could be right, according to Radio Derby this morning, we are still trying to negotiate a deal!

Why is it we even seem to have problems getting in Loan players? :mad:

You could be right, according to Radio Derby this morning, we are still trying to negotiate a deal!

Because were to tight with our cash :D

I think Severn in goal on saturday with Atkins as cover way a joke were becoming ;-)

Because were to tight with our cash :D

I think Severn in goal on saturday with Atkins as cover way a joke were becoming ;-)

Isn't Atkins out on loan at Tamworth?

Surely we must get a goalie in before Saturday, Severn on the bench for sure but not 1st choice.

What is happening to The Mighty Rams? :mad:

Ross Atkins has been recalled from his loan spell at Tamworth.

The goalkeeper made 30 appearances for the Lambs in the Blue Square Premier during two separate spells this season.

Manager Nigel Clough has moved quickly to bring the Academy graduate back to Pride Park after injuries to senior goalkeepers Stephen Bywater (strained side muscle) and Saul Deeney (ruptured shoulder tendon).

Fourth-choice goalkeeper James Severn had to come off the bench for the Rams on Tuesday against Hull in place of Bywater.

The Rams expect to have a loan goalkeeper on board in time for Saturday's npower Championship game at Sheffield United, with Atkins to act as cover.

21-year-old Atkins has been an unused substitute for the first-team on various occasions during the last two seasons.

He has also gained valuable experience of first-team football on loan at Southport, Burton Albion and Kidderminster Harriers and kept a clean sheet for Tamworth last night as they defeated Barrow 2-0.

I hear that Tom Glicks fountain pen has run out of ink, so can't sign any documents, but will keep looking for some ink to refill. Can't find the right quality at the right price for Derby at present.

The cynic in me expected Bywater to be 'injured' on Tuesday before a ball was kicked - that rather than being dropped when Fielding came in. I was surprised when the injury did come about and was genuine.

I think Fielding is intended as his replacement before the injuries came up - and I hope that the clubs can strike a deal. He made a significant difference when we was here before.

Archived