Frank Fielding signed from Blackburn Rovers 9 May 2011

Day

I just worry that he's not tall enough. Were his last two matches both 2-0, with top corner goals......

Having said that, we've not had much luck since.

Just saying.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heard a bit of a rumour this morning, that he's turned a contract down at blackburn, and will sign for us on monday, on loan witha view to permanant in the summer.

Aparently the source comes from someone in the academy set up.

He also said we are still in for 2 strikers, one supposedly matty pattison

Pleaseeeeeeeeee be true. He would be our best keeper since Poom IMO.

I hope this is true. Tuesday night the defence did very well and gave up precious little in the way of clear cut chances. Their second was a bit sloppy but Byewater does tend to be a little dodgy on shots low to the corners. Their first was a good strike that dipped and bounced just in front of him, but he should gave done better.

Pleaseeeeeeeeee be true. He would be our best keeper since Poom IMO.

I loved Poom. The fact when we sang his name, it sounded like a booooo

My daughter (now 15), when little, once tried to run out of Mothercare, on the Wyvern, and Poom was just walking in - and he stopped her from running outside - we thanked him, then had a laff about him bouncing her three times and kicking her across the shop.........:eek:

He was massive....(not like Fielding)

Fielding last game was norwich wasn't it when he let that shot it through his legs in slow motion. I think Bywater looks out of form and confidence but fielding isn't as good as people are making out. We were still letting loads of goals in we were just scoring lots then as well. We scored 23 goals in 8 games.

Teams were almost always scoring good goals against us though, wheras now it's either poor goalkeeping or a mistake by the goalkeeper/defender.

Fielding in would reduce the defenders mistakes as he is a very commanding keeper, the defenders are well ordered and everything is working well. With Bywater, things just aren't.

Fielding isn't the best keeper in the world by any means, but he's a damn sight better than what we've got now.

If Frank Fielding does come and does sign then this is one small step towards the path, they have to find more than Frank.

However I must say if he does come I will be cracking a beer open and will have a smile on my face again and thinking we could start winning again or at least get a clean sheet like in his first three games.

Alex your deluded if you think in our good run teams were scoring good goals against us as they weren't as they aren't now. The defenders have been playing badly all season its just in our purple patch we were scoring and making chances freely. Was fielding performing better than Bywater at present yes, but he wasn't that reassured. If Bywater was so bad he wouldn't have been in two promoted teams.

Alex your deluded if you think in our good run teams were scoring good goals against us as they weren't as they aren't now. The defenders have been playing badly all season its just in our purple patch we were scoring and making chances freely. Was fielding performing better than Bywater at present yes, but he wasn't that reassured. If Bywater was so bad he wouldn't have been in two promoted teams.

I don't think Bywater is the goalkeeper he used to be, i reckon his confidence is shot to pieces.

The Bywater of that promotion season hasn't been seen at Derby since he came back into the side for Carrol and he had a brief spell of form, imo.

Fielding is a better goalkeeper than Bywater, and will only get better. Bywater I think has already reached his level and has been poor for a while.

Time for him to move on.

All we want is a top notch 2nd keeper to push bywater to play better and not make the mistakes. He is getting far too complacent between the sticks as his dodgy decisions are know costing us. But he'll still play the next games as he's all we've got!

Make this 1 happen yanks and I'll be easing the pain from watching Roberts play every week. -)

Why will fielding improve yet Bywater in his peak years has gone backwards? Its a myth that all young players get better when they don't. Some do, some don't. Fielding had a decent 12 games nothing more, he hasn't done it over a long time yet so lets not go overboard. Bywater is struggling as many of our players and a goalkeeper can't hide like many of our players are doing so is an easy target

I just think Fielding commanded his area better than Bywater - you could always hear him shouting and see him pointing.

Bywater is bigger and madder and more confident in himself, that doesnt mean that i think he is the better keeper.

We're all harking back to the good run we had. None of us know what made the magic - praps it was a bit of teamwork.

must admit I'm not Bywater's biggest fan.

I preferred him to Carroll....but he doesn't seem to have the professionalism and dedication of a top keeper.

Bywater lacks motivation, he watched Bullards goal and then flopped towards it, same for their second. He's never been that good. Like has been said, Fielding is a better communicator, commands his area better and genuinely wants to save the shots. Bywater just looks lazy.

As for that lost magic, Fielding, Kuqi/Moore, Commons and Moxey have now left us, Savage isn't doing his motivational songs anymore and the sun isn't shining.

A win against Portsmouth and then Leicester will do us the world of good, and loans of Fielding, Ayala and Waghorn would be welcome!

Get Fielding back and Kuqi on deal to end of season!

We lost to Ipswich because of Bywater! Bullards shot should never have gone in! I dont undertand why people were applauding bullard?? It was bywaters poor keeping! I admit it took a nasty bounce but should have still saved. And he puts no confidence what so ever in the defence. Fielding was young and confident like the keeper across the trent!

Also sign Kuqi please clough just for 5months!! Cant stand porter! Knew he was ***** when saw his debut away at doncaster no pace strength! Cant finish with 1 defender in way(forest match) took ball away from green (ipswich) anyone remember that he nudged it with his knee as green was lining up finish after buenos attempt?

Sometimes players, good players, go stale at a club. Look at Torres.

I think Bywater is a good keeper. But has lost the confidence of the crowd, and once that happens, it's like the manager losing the dressing room.

He has to step aside for a new keeper. I think he would rebuild his game at another club. Every kick that goes astray get a round of boo's.

I only remember one kick that went straight out, but the boo's were straight there.

He's hardly being pushed from his deputy goal keeper at the moment is he?

Mr Fielding would be a good signing, new goalie, the lad from Liverpool in defence, an new midfielder and striker, and watch us go again.

Sometimes players, good players, go stale at a club. Look at Torres.

I think Bywater is a good keeper. But has lost the confidence of the crowd, and once that happens, it's like the manager losing the dressing room.

He has to step aside for a new keeper. I think he would rebuild his game at another club. Every kick that goes astray get a round of boo's.

I only remember one kick that went straight out, but the boo's were straight there.

He's hardly being pushed from his deputy goal keeper at the moment is he?

Mr Fielding would be a good signing, new goalie, the lad from Liverpool in defence, an new midfielder and striker, and watch us go again.

Yes, new goalie , new defence , new midfiled and new attack and we will be fine.

I think Fielding commanded his area better, distributed the ball better, avoided silly passes placing defenders under immediate pressure and gave the back four confidence.

Bywater has been a good shot stopper, however this is now questionable, but being just a shot stopper is not good enough.

Fielding would become the number one choice if he joins the Rams although I would be happy if we kept hold of Bywater as a second keeper.

Archived