Points dropped from winning positions

Will the Ram

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

17. 61 points picked from a total of 78 after being in the lead.

Fleetwood and Forest Green - 29

Port Vale - 21

Derby and Peterborough - 17

Barnsley - 4

Thanks. That’s quite a lot really especially in respect to where we are in the table. It’s been quite concerning too lately.

The matches I remember are:

Plymouth x 2 matches

Port Vale H 

MK H

Shrewsbury H

Burton A

Bristol R A

3 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Thats all good but it shows we are better when we have to attack in the games we go 1-0 in under 5 mins in a game and instead of keep pushing for more we sit back for 85 mins 

I don't think it's a case of consciously or subconsciously sitting back. IMO it's down to our inability to react to opposition managers making changes at half time (or possibly, but less so, running out of steam). 

In every single game were we have dropped points after being ahead, we have been leading at half time and every goal conceded in those games have been scored in the second half. 

On 15/04/2023 at 23:58, Henrycav81 said:

On the flip side we’ve gained 20pts after conceding 1st

So in other words, it's fairly even and we're neither one nor the other.

Remember unless every match finishes 0-0, one side is always going to have a lead to throw away and one side is always going to have to come back.

I usually find that a more telling statistic is the net points gain/loss in the last 15/20 minutes.

39 minutes ago, ram59 said:

So in other words, it's fairly even and we're neither one nor the other.

Remember unless every match finishes 0-0, one side is always going to have a lead to throw away and one side is always going to have to come back.

I usually find that a more telling statistic is the net points gain/loss in the last 15/20 minutes.

It’s loaded towards the negative as you say a score draw someone will always take the lead if you draw 2 games 1-1 and take the lead in 1 game and fall behind in the other you are -1 pt in pts lost/gained 

you can manipulate stats pretty much how you want, the manager win % crap that sky always trot out is an example 

if you play 10 games win 5 draw 5 you get 20 pts and a win % of 50%

if you play 10 games win 6 lose 4 you get 18 pts and a win % of 60%

they should measure in pts/game