Team bonding - should we be worried?

angieram

16 hours ago, cannable said:

Thought Radio Derby made WAAAAAAY too much of this.

Which in turn will set other people off and snowball the whole thing.

Because they had that analyst guy doing the punditry and he's got to try to sound clever. It is all about him. Anyone else and it wouldn't even have been mentioned. Players are human and need a break from the relentless high-pressured game after game, with training in between. In the long run I have little doubt this trip will prove to have been a good thing.

Disappointing thing is, you could see this would get brought up when the pictures first emerged if we didn’t pick up 3 points yesterday. Blame Keogh. 

Unless something comes out where the players have been on a 3 day bender without training following Cheltenham, it’s not right to bring it up. We can’t judge them on the same level as Keogh, Lawrence and Bennett, it’s simply not fair.

Then again, I got the blame last night for that topic I created like it’s somehow affected the performances of the players on the pitch.

It’s on the same level as that manager of the month “curse”.

Yesterday in my opinion, for what it’s worth, had nothing to do with Cheltenham, nothing to do with any forum topic or awards the players and manager have picked up.

Mistakes were made in the team selection and the players were not ready for a Fleetwood team that no disrespect intended were out for one of their biggest days of the season.

Even Jack Marriott looked up for it, I think he’s unlucky not to be walking away with a goal and his 2 fingers up moment. Deserved it as did Fleetwood the 3 points.

3 hours ago, David said:

Disappointing thing is, you could see this would get brought up when the pictures first emerged if we didn’t pick up 3 points yesterday. Blame Keogh. 

Unless something comes out where the players have been on a 3 day bender without training following Cheltenham, it’s not right to bring it up. We can’t judge them on the same level as Keogh, Lawrence and Bennett, it’s simply not fair.

Then again, I got the blame last night for that topic I created like it’s somehow affected the performances of the players on the pitch.

Yesterday in my opinion, for what it’s worth, had nothing to do with Cheltenham, nothing to do with any forum topic or awards the players and manager have picked up.

Mistakes were made in the team selection and the players were not ready for a Fleetwood team that no disrespect intended were out for one of their biggest days of the season.

Even Jack Marriott looked up for it, I think he’s unlucky not to be walking away with a goal and his 2 fingers up moment. Deserved it as did Fleetwood the 3 points.

I agree. I posted the topic as a joke after I saw the photo on twitter. 

Didn't think anyone - let alone an analyst - would take it seriously.

Everybody knows it only happened because hintonsboots jumped the gun in starting the match thread. 

(That's another joke, btw.)

3 hours ago, David said:

I wasn't able to go to the match and haven't had chance to listen to post match interviews, however...

Someone told me that Warne in his post match interview said words to the effect "the players didn't train well on Friday, I know why but will keep the reason in house".

Is that right does anyone know? Quite a worrying statement to make if true.

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I wasn't able to go to the match and haven't had chance to listen to post match interviews, however...

Someone told me that Warne in his post match interview said words to the effect "the players didn't train well on Friday, I know why but will keep the reason in house".

Seems no-one else listened - but needs clarification. Who is going to ring Moan-in and ask?! ?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seems no-one else listened - but needs clarification. Who is going to ring Moan-in and ask?! ?

I don't think he said that on Radio Derby, as he was very late coming out so I heard it on my way home.

I haven't bothered listening to the Club one because they never put him on the spot.

7 hours ago, David said:

Any connection between total loss of form and momentum by the Rams and any extraneous influence is purely coincidental......honest!

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think he said that on Radio Derby, as he was very late coming out so I heard it on my way home.

I haven't bothered listening to the Club one because they never put him on the spot.

The stuff with Sibs is making me nervous about Warne, how can you believe him and Knight can't play in the same midfield? We have so little in the way of goal threat atm and yet he chose to take off Sibs...hope it's just a one off. Plus he took little responsibility (it seems) for the awful line up he sent out first half. 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The stuff with Sibs is making me nervous about Warne, how can you believe him and Knight can't play in the same midfield? We have so little in the way of goal threat atm and yet he chose to take off Sibs...hope it's just a one off. Plus he took little responsibility (it seems) for the awful line up he sent out first half. 

I’m starting to lose confidence in PW. Hope it’s not the same for the players

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No he didn’t say that as I recall. He did say that he thought the players didn’t train well on Friday, but didn’t offer a reason - nor was asked for one.

He also said that he had some theories (I think was the word he used) about why the match performance was poor, but wanted to watch the game back to confirm his thoughts. The two statements may have been transposed to create a conspiracy theory. C’est la vie.

59 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

No he didn’t say that as I recall. He did say that he thought the players didn’t train well on Friday, but didn’t offer a reason - nor was asked for one.

He also said that he had some theories (I think was the word he used) about why the match performance was poor, but wanted to watch the game back to confirm his thoughts. The two statements may have been transposed to create a conspiracy theory. C’est la vie.

Thanks for clarifying.

It sounded like a very worrying statement and I feared trouble ahead.

Clearly not as bad as was made out.