So here's a stat...

admira

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Phillip Cocu is on neither list.

He didn’t do a bad job considering our squad was crap and he was obligated to play a fat Wayne Rooney in midfield.

Nigel Pearson, meanwhile, is surprisingly not higher on the losing list. We barely looked like scoring during his tenure.

When Rooney first joined he was playing at a far higher level than anybody else on the pitch in every game. The return after Covid is a different story.

• 1 month later...
On 08/12/2022 at 11:12, RadioactiveWaste said:

Dry stats need context to be useful, the club was not in a comparable state for each of these managers, would lampard be in the top ten of these stats if he'd had Nigel Clough's budget to work with?. That and sample size as well, Paul Warne has only been here a short while and we're currently a big fish in league 1 not a small fish in the top flight.

It's an interesting list, don't get me wrong, I just wouldn't make too many conclusion on dry stats without the context.

On 08/12/2022 at 14:15, G STAR RAM said:

We are in League One with a Championship level squad to be fair, this stat is pretty meaningless.

On 08/12/2022 at 14:43, kevinhectoring said:

Well is it a championship level squad ? We have holes and not one player in their prime. Except Wildsmith  

We might be Championship level. However you can also argue it is a squad that Warne did not pick. I wonder how many of these players would be in the squad had he been here at the end of last season and had money to spend? Don't get me wrong I love the players we currently have under the circumstances, Rosenior worked wonders. But we have to remember they are a band of misfits built from loans and freebies. All brought in to play Rosenior's style of football and had to adapt to Warne's style.

You might think it is a dodgy stat but I think it is very noteworthy under the circumstances