Last chance we had to be top of the pile

Gee SCREAMER !!

Remember this from back in the day.  If we'd beat Villa we'd have been top,  Very tight game from what I remember and should have gone a couple ahead with Delap and Sturridge.  Whisper it quietly but during the current incarnation of the Premier League we've done alright, spent 7 years there and only got 11 points once having spent nearly 2/3rds of our history in the top division at that point.  We even won a couple of times, finished runner up a couple of times and qualified for Europe a few times.  Never understand the worry of getting back to this level.  Half the teams in it aren't fit to wipe the sweat of our sack. Let's get cracking.

35 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I genuinely believe the 11 points season haunts many a Derby fan, it certainly does me! 

It doesn't me.

We signed Andy Griffin, Andy Todd, Earnshaw, what would people expect? And then sold David Jones, Howard and Oakley.

If Forest got relegated this year with all the money they have spent, that would be a bigger embarrassment than us getting 11 points after signing championship standard players.

Eddie Lewis another one.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It doesn't me.

We signed Andy Griffin, Andy Todd, Earnshaw, what would people expect? And then sold David Jones, Howard and Oakley.

If Forest got relegated this year with all the money they have spent, that would be a bigger embarrassment than us getting 11 points after signing championship standard players.

Eddie Lewis another one.

Am not sure that it still haunts me but it still is used to this day as a case study on how NOT to do things when you get promoted from the Championship.

The 11 point yardstick still gets used every year when a team at the bottom of the Premiership struggles upto Xmas to match that points tally. 

To be fair it's still a huge embarrassment to the club and anyone associated from playing staff to managers to board should have considered ritual hari-kari as a consequence.

Edited by Tyler Durden

On 28/09/2022 at 09:05, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It doesn't me.

Eddie Lewis another one.

Yeah that’s long gone.  We were an awful side not improved on our promotion side one bit.

Let the Forest fans have it, let’s face it we would.

To be fair they were where we are now when we were that pants.  It’s funny how things turn out.

Edited by Derby_Dave
More to add.