Away Memberships

Day

Just now, Curtains said:

I don’t like the system as it negates previous seasons  .

I don’t like Cup game exclusion.

I realise it comes across as I’m alright Jack attitude 

Its my opinion and if you have done 20 plus games last season your happy  ? 

I can’t help the way I feel about it .

I won’t be quiet though just to suit others views  

So you’re unhappy that someone who went to at least 7 away league games more than yourself, has a better chance of going to more away games than you again this season?

Christ on bike.

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

So you’re unhappy that someone who went to at least 7 away league games more than yourself, has a better chance of going to more away games than you again this season?

Christ on bike.

So what about other seasons then .

Answer that 

Hang on Derby’s computer not capable then of going back!

Hang on that excludes younger people maybe.  

Edited by Curtains
Added

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

The rules are the same for everyone.

Only last season counts for you and the other 14,999 who have bought away memberships, (including me). ?

Like I say it annoys me every day but I have to move on .

Its up to me to get over it. 

Up the Rams and Clowes 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh dear, I'm afraid that's your problem. Maybe if you contact them and say you feel you were mis-sold they'll refund you?

Good point .

I have already been emailing them on the authenticity .

It is my problem but I tell you this there will be a lot of unhappiness with this as the season progresses with many fans disappointed 

PS Is an away cup game at Sheff U and Cov not an away game !

Edited by Curtains
Added

23 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t see how going to away games last season excluding Cup games is any way to determine it .

Why not take the last 5 seasons away games in total .

Don’t sell memberships with the knowledge that people might not get away tickets without being categorical that yo might miss out  

I agree regarding cup games and don’t understand why they should be excluded.

The last 5 years could have been an option but then why 5 years and not 3, 7, 10?. Also, when away tickets have been limited hasn’t the priority system always been based on away membership and away games attended in the previous season (I might have got that wrong) so it’s nothing new.

Wasn’t the priority system announced before away membership went on sale? Therefore, it was surely pretty clear to everyone that, whilst having away membership helped, given the size of the grounds we would be visiting there is always going to be a risk of missing out. 

I understand that you’re upset by this but perhaps you just need to have a think about some of the inconsistent statements you’re making. Your upset about the unfairness of the system but you couldn’t care less about away games. You want the club to recognise loyalty but you like the idea of a first come first served approach.

It’s irrelevant because nothing is going to change but, if I could change it I would perhaps 1) include cup games in the tally and 2) make it a points system primarily based on the number of away games attended in the previous season but also allotting points for being a season ticket holder. Even this though wouldn’t be entirely fair though as there are no doubt very good reasons why some people can’t or don’t buy a season ticket (that’s why having a season ticket would only be one factor and wouldn’t trump away games attended).

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree regarding cup games and don’t understand why they should be excluded.

The last 5 years could have been an option but then why 5 years and not 3, 7, 10?. Also, when away tickets have been limited hasn’t the priority system always been based on away membership and away games attended in the previous season (I might have got that wrong) so it’s nothing new.

Wasn’t the priority system announced before away membership went on sale? Therefore, it was surely pretty clear to everyone that, whilst having away membership helped, given the size of the grounds we would be visiting there is always going to be a risk of missing out. 

I understand that you’re upset by this but perhaps you just need to have a think about some of the inconsistent statements you’re making. Your upset about the unfairness of the system but you couldn’t care less about away games. You want the club to recognise loyalty but you like the idea of a first come first served approach.

It’s irrelevant because nothing is going to change but, if I could change it I would perhaps 1) include cup games in the tally and 2) make it a points system primarily based on the number of away games attended in the previous season but also allotting points for being a season ticket holder. Even this though wouldn’t be entirely fair though as there are no doubt very good reasons why some people can’t or don’t buy a season ticket (that’s why having a season ticket would only be one factor and wouldn’t trump away games attended).

Well the way I’m feeling at the moment can’t just be eradicated in my mind .

It’s my problem.

I am alright Jack applies in life of course it does and on this I’m not alright but as you say and I know it’s a difficult situation and I have to get over it .

Its going to be difficult for loads of away members this season .

Couldn’t care less about away games is a remark made in frustration and you have picked up on it.

Its not all sweetness and light going to away games as it costs a lot of money ? .

Anyhow I’ve made my points and I don’t have much support on here although I have a little. 

Cheers 

50 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Well the way I’m feeling at the moment can’t just be eradicated in my mind .

It’s my problem.

I am alright Jack applies in life of course it does and on this I’m not alright but as you say and I know it’s a difficult situation and I have to get over it .

Its going to be difficult for loads of away members this season .

Couldn’t care less about away games is a remark made in frustration and you have picked up on it.

Its not all sweetness and light going to away games as it costs a lot of money ? .

Anyhow I’ve made my points and I don’t have much support on here although I have a little. 

Cheers 

You've got my support fella, There's not a fair system in place that can support our support, There will always be those who don't fit the criteria any criteria, And those that do are the winners, Life aint fair at times...but remember this, We'll be at all our homes games where there looked at times we wouldn't...that's enough for me to enjoy and others to enjoy, Don't get yourself wound up over stuff like this.

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

Good point .

I have already been emailing them on the authenticity .

It is my problem but I tell you this there will be a lot of unhappiness with this as the season progresses with many fans disappointed 

PS Is an away cup game at Sheff U and Cov not an away game !

Cup games count mate

But not pre season games.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m afraid they don’t count in away membership calculations or I would  be 15 plus 

They do count mate I know this because been cup games in the past who ever told you this got there information wrong.

If I was I demand to speak to manager above them.

23 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

They do count mate I know this because been cup games in the past who ever told you this got there information wrong.

If I was I demand to speak to manager above them.

Hope you've not counted cup games in your total or you might be even further down the pecking order 

We have done 19 away games last season we missed shiffield United away in the cup and covery city away in the FA.

Look cup games count even last season states cup games count not pre season who been saying cup games dont count they are part of the season.