Tipping - what are your thoughts

Self employed and other workers who work in peoples houses get offered cups of tea,coffee,squash,milk,biscuits etc and if they do a good job a recommendation to family and friends which could potentially land them a lucrative pay day so I see no reason to tip them.

7 hours ago, cstand said:

Self employed and other workers who work in peoples houses get offered cups of tea,coffee,squash,milk,biscuits etc and if they do a good job a recommendation to family and friends which could potentially land them a lucrative pay day so I see no reason to tip them.

I once read that 75% of ladies have had their underwear drawer rifled through by tradesmen.

I don't know if anyone is qualified to confirm this happens @Boycie?

On 08/06/2022 at 05:29, Chester40 said:

My policy on tipping is to only do it at night and I generally make sure it's only big items like old sofas, mattresses or huge piles of rubble that I would need to pay to get picked up or I'd have the hassle of getting a permit to take to the recycling centre.

I detest those people who dump loads of overflowing black bags that the bin man could easily take and which inevitably rip and spill out dirty wet wipes or food that's clearly been wasted...idiots like them are running the environment. 

That's a rubbish joke