DCFC Forum Player Ratings 2021/22 - SEASON REVIEW

Again, a sincere thank you to all who contributed. A total of 46 matches required your input and the following deserve a mention for their efforts in making this thread the haven of choice for the more anally retentive. 

@bcnram and @Yani P both managed to submit ratings for 45 of the 46 matches whilst the following all contributed on at least 30 occasions:

@angieram (40), @Carnero (37), @dabber (31), @minesahartington (35), @rammieib (32), @sage (34) and @TexasRam (36).

General Overview

Number of different ratings contributors                                           119

Total number of individual ratings provided                                      10867

Total score given to the players                                                         71078

Average individual rating therefore                                                    6.54

Total number of players rated at least once                                      30

Number of different MotM winners                                                    19

Number of different players to make the podium                              21

Number of occasions I've regretted stealing @sage's baby         100

After a short interlude for refreshments I shall return with the breakdown on how our heroes fared in our collective humble opinion.

Edited by Ramplestiltskin

Man of the Match Awards (half an award given when a tie occurred)

Jagielka         4

Ebiowei          4

Bird                3.5

Allsop             3.5

Cashin           3.5

Knight              3

Lawrence         3

Byrne               3

Thompson        3

Forsyth             2

Shinnie             2

Ebosele            2

Morrison           2

Roos                 2

Davies             1.5

Sibley                1

Stearman           1

Plange               1

Kazim                1

So Phil Jagielka and Malcom Ebiowei share the crown with four MotM awards each, a feat made all the more impressive when you consider Jags left in January and Ebiowei didn't make his first appearance until late in the season.

That Big Curt was toward the bottom of the list perhaps emphasises his steady contributions throughout, as backed up by the Podium stats.

The Academy graduates collected between them 21 of the 46 awards (45.65%), which increases to 23 awards (50% quickmath) if we include Roos.

Podium Awards (for making the top three in a match rating, half an award as above)

Davies                   14.5

Bird                        13

Byrne                     13

Allsop                     12

Cashin                     9.5

Jagielka                   9

Knight                      9

Ebosele                    8

Shinnie                     6

Lawrence                 6

Thompson                6

Ebiowei                    6

Forsyth                     5

Morrison                   4

Roos                          4

Kazim                        3

Plange                       3

Buchanan                  2

Stearman                   2

Sibley                         2

Bielik                          1

No surprise perhaps to see CD33 at the head of that list. He played every minute of every match and despite the odd dip in form - which you can forgive any centre back at his age - he was magnificent.

Fantastic to see the Academy young guns pick up 58.5 of the total award (42.39%). If we include Roos that increases to 62.5 awards (45.29%).

There may be some mileage in breaking it down further into awards by position etc but I've had my fill of digits for a while so I'll pass it over to one of you lovely souls. I'd be interested in reading further breakdowns if anybody does use the figures to pass an hour or fifty.

The most high profile and/or oft-rated of those who didn't manage to make it onto either list is, of course, Kamil JOZWIAK, which rather sums up his time at Derby. I rather suspect that 'a resigned shrug of ones shoulders' was known in Old English as 'a jozwiak'. 

Top 10 Individual Performances (in reverse order for added tittilation)

10.   Ravel MORRISON          8.58     H   Barnsley

9.     Eiran CASHIN                8.60     H   Peterborough

7=.   Curtis DAVIES                 8.63    A   Reading

7=.   Tom LAWRENCE            8.63    H   Bournemouth

6.      Liam THOMPSON         8.69     A    Stoke

4=.    Max BIRD                      8.78     H    Stoke      

4=.   Curtis DAVIES                8.78     H   Stoke

3.     Festy EBOSELE              8.85     H   Hull

2.     Kelle ROOS                     9.07     A   West Brom

1.      Tom LAWRENCE            9.50     H   Sheffield Utd

Every Players' Individual Rating for the Season

I'll use a minimum of 150 ratings provided for a player for them to be included on the main list. Before we get to the main list, these are the ratings for the players who were rated on fewer than 150 occasions (figures given as number of times rated/average rating)

Dylan WILLIAMS                   56               6.96

? ? ? ? RICHARDS                   1                6.00

Darren ROBINSON                  1                6.00

Illienastase AGHATISE            1               6.00     

Louie WATSON                     59               5.64       

Bart CYBULSKI                     21                5.21

Main List

Phil JAGIELKA                       399              7.12

Eiran CASHIN                        234              7.11

Curtis DAVIES                       875               6.95

Jason KNIGHT                       603             6.88

Malcolm EBIOWEI                 181               6.88

Ryan ALLSOP                        516               6.83

Max BIRD                               793              6.81

Liam THOMPSON                 348              6.71

Graeme SHINNIE                  445              6.68

Krystian BIELIK                     259              6.67

Richard STEARMAN             236              6.64

Nathan BYRNE                     799               6.54

Festy EBOSELE                     533              6.50

Tom LAWRENCE                   693              6.49

Lee BUCHANAN                   471               6.49

Kelle ROOS                            370              6.40

Luke PLANGE                        398              6.27 

Craig FORSYTH                     520             6.23

Jack STRETTON                    178              6.14

Ravel MORRISON                   607             6.13

Louis SIBLEY                          374             6.10

Kamil JOZWIAK                      304             6.01

Colin KAZIM-RICHARDS        326             5.88

Sam BALDOCK                       266             5.77

I was going to pick a few nuggets out of there but I'll read your thoughts, if indeed you have any, on our collective End of Season Stats Review. I'm tired and emotional though and it'll all end in tears.

Once again, thanks for staying awake if you've made it this far and here's to a club making its way back, starting with a takeover announcement tomorrow hopefully.

COYR

Edited by Ramplestiltskin

Wow, thanks for all that information, great work! ????

Firstly, I should probably ban you on the spot for posting through multiple accounts! ?

I did attend all the 40 matches I scored, missed the others through transport difficulties or covid.

I liked your interpretation at the end and it's no surprise to see defenders feature highly. There a stats graphic out there showing our defense was busy but strong. Your/our stats completely back this up.

Attacking wise, we were generally weak, so I think we embraced and rated Ebiowei 's creativity highly when it finally arrived. A full season of Jags and maybe an earlier introduction for him (was he even ready?) might have seen a different outcome to our season. 

Interesting that Tom has two of the top ten performances,  including the absolute best, but only finishes mid-table in the ratings. If he's going to make it at a Premier League club he has to be more consistent.

It's Carlos Richards, although I do like Ozzie Aghatise's new moniker! 

And a final note from me, that goalkeeping performance from Kelle Roos away at WBA, out of this world and maybe the most typical example of the absolute pride I've felt in following this rag tag band of brothers over the season. Fantastic! 

• 2 months later...

Just a heads up that I'm looking to exploit a loophole which, I believe, allows me to leave my Ratings Curator position due to the change of ownership.

So...... @sage - who I unintentionally usurped last season - I assume gets first Daniella Dibs on returning to his former passion for stats and player ratings. 

If he doesn't fancy it then I hope somebody else starts the 22/23 thread but it won't be me folks, sorry. I will happily contribute my scores though. 

COYR

2 hours ago, Rampant said:

Just a heads up that I'm looking to exploit a loophole which, I believe, allows me to leave my Ratings Curator position due to the change of ownership.

So...... @sage - who I unintentionally usurped last season - I assume gets first Daniella Dibs on returning to his former passion for stats and player ratings. 

If he doesn't fancy it then I hope somebody else starts the 22/23 thread but it won't be me folks, sorry. I will happily contribute my scores though. 

COYR

I will let someone else have a go but will watch like David Clowes to avert disaster if needed