How much dynamite does it take to blow up a whale?

Bob The Badger

As is traditional with this forum, and given no one is likely to know the answer to the OP question - although I don’t doubt many will be expert on the subject, or at the very least ITK because of a mate - I am going off topic.

l referenced Jasper Carrot above, and just played his 9 minute monologue on the YouTube. And it took me back, thinking where does my humour come from. Because in truth neither of my parents are very funny. Odd yes, but not funny. And it occurred to me that Carrot must have had some significant input into my development, in truth much more than my Dad. I recall watching Carrot, Max Boyce, Dave Allen, on the TV in what must have been the early 70’s and I realise that their humour, and monologue style of comedy, was a gateway to Frank Skinner, Dylan Moran and Stewart Lee. anyone else want to share thoughts on this rather than blowing-up rotting whale carcass?

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

As is traditional with this forum, and given no one is likely to know the answer to the OP question - although I don’t doubt many will be expert on the subject, or at the very least ITK because of a mate - I am going off topic.

l referenced Jasper Carrot above, and just played his 9 minute monologue on the YouTube. And it took me back, thinking where does my humour come from. Because in truth neither of my parents are very funny. Odd yes, but not funny. And it occurred to me that Carrot must have had some significant input into my development, in truth much more than my Dad. I recall watching Carrot, Max Boyce, Dave Allen, on the TV in what must have been the early 70’s and I realise that their humour, and monologue style of comedy, was a gateway to Frank Skinner, Dylan Moran and Stewart Lee. anyone else want to share thoughts on this rather than blowing-up rotting whale carcass?

Now wondering how much dynamite would be required to blow up Max Boyce.

23 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Now wondering how much dynamite would be required to blow up Max Boyce.

He was of his time. Bit like early Jethro, although both really milked the same act for years. Anyway let’s not stop at Boyce. How much dynamite would it take to blow up the whole of Wales?

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Jasper Carrott was the second comic I ever saw live and he was really good.

My first was Mike Yarwood in Blackpool when I was about 12 and I loved it.

And my third was Phil (scaly sea monster is my only impression) Cool in Matlock Bath.

When I think of the comedy I like now to then it is sooooo different I can hardly believe it.

Having said that, Carrott was a real game-changer in many ways.