Boro forum theory

Gordamn

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

The problem with that theory is that the stadium is collateral in a deal between Mel and MSD and that is not subject to any administration process.  If we go under Mel still owns the stadium along with MSD. He could go ahead with plans to make it a covered arena for entertainment events and conventions. It”ll rival the NEC. The stadium would still be viable even if it wasn’t a football ground.

Its covered by a covenant that states it must stay as a football ground

6 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

That's true, but I could imagine if DCFC die there might be application to change that, or dispense with until such time as a football club can play there (e.g. changing the use to multipurpose entertainment venue)

It wouldn't surprise me. It makes sense from their statement. However, this is exactly the type of nonsense which is going to end up in us getting liquidated. 

Gibson would rather see Mel Morris punished financially than Derby County saved. We know that much is true, which again is his prerogative. He has claimed he doesn't want Derby liquidated, but his actions speak otherwise. I honestly feel that Gibson wouldn't care one way or another if Derby were to be liquidated. He doesn't care about us as fans, he doesn't care about Derby as a city, but he really ducking hates Mel Morris. 

He's willing to see this club die to punish Mel Morris, but Mel handed him the ammunition in the first place. I hate both of them, equally. I wish both of them nothing but harm and misery until their last dying breath. I want them to suffer for what they've put this club through. I can't stress that much enough. 

43 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That's true, but I could imagine if DCFC die there might be application to change that, or dispense with until such time as a football club can play there (e.g. changing the use to multipurpose entertainment venue)

Pride Park without a football club playing in it would be a huge loss making liability on whoever owns it. Attracting a nomadic rugby club to a disinterested Derby public might be the best thing that could be done with it. 

We know its personal between Mel and Gibson. Sadly the feud could cost us our club. And Gibson can claim what he likes about him not being responsible if Derby do or don't get liquidated, if he dropped his claim tonight, we could have a new buyer lined up by Monday lunchtime. He won't do it because he won't let Mel off the hook so we're at the impasse we are at. 

Is it not entirely possible that some deal has been done behind scenes with Morris ? I am horribly out of my depth with financial stuff but the ground is not part of the administration process and the only reason that it has been included in asking price so far is that the bidders have expressed that preference ? Also, don't know if being a tenant in a ground is much more common in the USA so maybe they have agreed a modest rental agreement ?

3 hours ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Cast iron covenants can be overcome ever so easily ... I have found.

If there were no football club, the council would be under pressure for the venue to be used for some purpose ... and, then, all sorts of covenant breaking planning permissions could be granted.

23 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Cast iron covenants can be overcome ever so easily ... I have found.

If there were no football club, the council would be under pressure for the venue to be used for some purpose ... and, then, all sorts of covenant breaking planning permissions could be granted.

Not necessarily - look at the case of Cardiff Rugby Club vs John Laing regarding the construction of the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.