F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

So, in a two word radio message Perez is told "You are not allowed to win this race and you are not allowed to challenge for the title" - I bet he's annoyed.

But not as annoyed as Leclerc - would've loved to see how the race played out without his retirment. Sainz mecanical failure as well.

Other notes:

Good drves from Vettel, Alonso, Gasly, Danny Ric and Unlucky Tsunoda who was putting in a good shift.

Lando didn't like being told to hold station.

And yes, Latifi is still going to his walls anomymous meetings.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, in a two word radio message Perez is told "You are not allowed to win this race and you are not allowed to challenge for the title" - I bet he's annoyed.

But not as annoyed as Leclerc - would've loved to see how the race played out without his retirment. Sainz mecanical failure as well.

Other notes:

Good drves from Vettel, Alonso, Gasly, Danny Ric and Unlucky Tsunoda who was putting in a good shift.

Lando didn't like being told to hold station.

And yes, Latifi is still going to his walls anomymous meetings.

Race was shaping up nicely until Leclerc's retirement, would have loved to see him battle the Redbulls. 

How smooth was that spin from Vettel!? 

It's a separate side show to F1 watching Latifi every week racking up penalties for ridiculous things. 2 beauties today..

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

He can be pretty infuriating right enough. I'd file this as being contrary for the sake of it Alonso rather than he doesn't think it's a problem. To be honest, he seems far to happy at the moment, I like Grumpy Fernando.

With so many teams struggling with the porpoising, really the FIA need to step in and allow active suspensions or issue a technical directive around it. It can't be good for driver welfare. 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

With so many teams struggling with the porpoising, really the FIA need to step in and allow active suspensions or issue a technical directive around it. It can't be good for driver welfare. 

This is a growing concern, it's not so much driving is painful or getting out of the car is sore, but cumulative damage. Shaking briains like that time after time is my worry. On a more practical note, must be hard to spot breaking points and someone's going to get one badly wrong.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Fernando Alonso is just a bit of a knob isn't he? 

He is, which is prob the reason hes not found himself in the top teams in recent times. In my opinion hes the best driver on the grid though. 

20 minutes ago, ScubaRam said:

He is, which is prob the reason hes not found himself in the top teams in recent times. In my opinion hes the best driver on the grid though. 

Not a chance is he the best driver on the grid. He lost to a rookie Lewis Hamilton in the same machinery. He's a good driver, but these days not a great one.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not a chance is he the best driver on the grid. He lost to a rookie Lewis Hamilton in the same machinery. He's a good driver, but these days not a great one.

A great talent and genuinly a great driver, but too hard to work with, made some bad career moves, but I think his time has past as being a top contender in the sport, I think the Leclerc-Verstappen-Russell-Noris group would have him these days.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

A great talent and genuinly a great driver, but too hard to work with, made some bad career moves, but I think his time has past as being a top contender in the sport, I think the Leclerc-Verstappen-Russell-Noris group would have him these days.

Agreed. Those 4 are all ridiculously talented drivers and are likely the 4 that will dominate the sport for the next 5 or so years. 

The Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso era of being dominant are over, Hamilton could still challenge in the right car, but the other two aren't top contenders any more. 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Sadly its not about the same machinery in Formula One, but I get your point. I'd argue that Ham lost to Button in the same car as well, however I'd put Ham ahead of Button. We'll agree to disagree. ?