Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Spin is absolutely vital in one-day competitions, although not necessarily overseas spinners. Where we have perhaps fallen short this season is when sides have been able to apply a 'squeeze', generally by bowling two twirlys in tandem. This becomes doubly important when new batters are at the crease - almost without anyone noticing, suddenly 10 overs have gone by for about 30 runs in no time at all.

No real problem with the majority of the seamers, but oh for a couple of decent spinners.

Equally - or even more so - in the longer form of the game. Decent spinners are matchwinners on day 3 or 4. The best balance we had in recent years featured Critchley and Qadri - they won us games.

Thought Critchley became more of a batsman who could bowl a bit, often quite expensive. Weren’t we linked with that tall Notts spinner? I think Thompson isn’t far off what we need, improving his batting too.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thought Critchley became more of a batsman who could bowl a bit, often quite expensive. Weren’t we linked with that tall Notts spinner? I think Thompson isn’t far off what we need, improving his batting too.

It’s a shame Thomson got injured, although we did get a good look at Wagstaff as a spinner and the signs were promising. 

The county ground is in the wrong location, this is why attendances are smaller than most other counties.

Should be on the outskirts so easy to get to with plenty of parking.

The budget is low compared to other counties so something needs to change or we will just continue to struggle along.

38 minutes ago, We'll be back in 81 said:

The county ground is in the wrong location, this is why attendances are smaller than most other counties.

The budget is low compared to other counties so something needs to change or we will just continue to struggle along.

The County Ground is well served by roads on edge of the A38/A52 could'nt be better IMO. To raise the budget you need better sustained performances. 

I don’t think there’s a big issue with our attendances. Most T20 games are pretty much full and I believe there’s plans in place to build another stand. 

Not sure where you can find the figures for where we stand among other counties.

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I don’t think there’s a big issue with our attendances. Most T20 games are pretty much full and I believe there’s plans in place to build another stand. 

Not sure where you can find the figures for where we stand among other counties.

It was quite refreshing to see decentish attendances for the one day cup. Unfortunately, the championship is never going to attract substantial attendances other than us old scrotes

12 hours ago, We'll be back in 81 said:

The county ground is within walking distance of both the train & bus station as well as being next to the A52 and A61 so I think it’s ideally situated. There’s a fair bit of parking at the ground and also a brand new big shiny car park on the racecourse which is empty apart from when the kids football is played on there at weekends but that’s not often during cricket season. 

Interesting debate about attendances here, just a perspective from a fringe supporter.

I have had a season ticket for three years now but have used it least this season. 

I find the facilities on offer at Derbyshire to be pretty basic, with over-priced food and drink.  The infrastructure and staffing is stale. So the cricket has to be inspiring to compensate for this. It isn't. 

The stop-start nature of the season is irritating, where a sub-standard 50 over competition with a depleted squad takes place over what should be the busiest month, due to the 100. 

I've attended one day of county championship action this summer, at Chesterfield. My husband only two. 

I don't think I'll renew next year, will use my husband's guest passes. That's not going to help with any rebuilds is it, but I'm sure many feel like this. 

Edited by angieram

Squad for the visit of Glamorgan.

Just the 12 man squad and that includes the return for a second loan spell of Jack Morley.

No Harry Moore, who also isn't playing in the seconds game being played against Yorkshire at the moment. Where Bin Naeem and the superbly named AS Khunti are currently both at the crease with centuries to their names.

IMG_6786.jpeg

51 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for the visit of Glamorgan.

Just the 12 man squad and that includes the return for a second loan spell of Jack Morley.

No Harry Moore, who also isn't playing in the seconds game being played against Yorkshire at the moment. Where Bin Naeem and the superbly named AS Khunti are currently both at the crease with centuries to their names.

IMG_6786.jpeg

Morley or Potts to miss out depending on the pitch. Chappell at 8 so reasonable batting line up.