Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

7 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Really enjoyed watching that and giving us something to bowl at.

Chappell giving it the big bat gave me a big grin. Nearly makes up for the middle order dissapointment.

29 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Great end to the innings. Really enjoyed watching that and giving us something to bowl at. Probably not enough though. Middle order fail to deliver yet again. I don’t really see the point of Lamb in particular. All our bowlers take wickets but can be expensive. 

The problem at the moment is we don't have anyone to bring in. Dal isn't a middle order batsman, Im not sure if Wagstaff is, but with 3 runs to his name all season its asking a lot for him to suddenly bat at 5 and solve the middle order.

As good as Samit still is with the ball, I think his days as a middle order batter have gone.

Lamb is out of contract at the end of the season and I don't expect him return. There have been glimpses of what he can but he’s never found consistent fitness or form since he's been here.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

A slight exaggeration Magic. Do you watch much cricket 🤔

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

A slight exaggeration Magic. Do you watch much cricket 🤔

He seems to hit a couple then skies a catch when I see him. 

Squad for what feels like a rare game against Somerset.

Hopefully we win the toss, we certainly are suited to bowling first. Harry Moore has to come back in. Then we have to try and do something about that middle order. Bring in Dal for Lamb? Try Wagstaff in the middle order?

IMG_6611.jpeg

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for what feels like a rare game against Somerset.

Hopefully we win the toss, we certainly are suited to bowling first. Harry Moore has to come back in. Then we have to try and do something about that middle order. Bring in Dal for Lamb? Try Wagstaff in the middle order?

IMG_6611.jpeg

Wagstaff and Dal in for Lamb and Lloyd?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Wagstaff and Dal in for Lamb and Lloyd?

I think it will be Dal for one of them. Not sure who. Lamb has a big innings in him, unfortunately there’s been absolutely nothing outside of the occasional big innings 🤔 Lloyd looks like he could do with a rest.

17 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I think it will be Dal for one of them. Not sure who. Lamb has a big innings in him, unfortunately there’s been absolutely nothing outside of the occasional big innings 🤔 Lloyd looks like he could do with a rest.

Sorry forgot to add, Moore in for Dupavillion….