Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

I do adjust my expectations accordingly to following a team with such a small budget. I don't expect much. I would like to be competitive in some matches and try to push local talent when possible. This season has been abysmal. Either this is the worst squad we've ever had or they want Arthur gone and have downed tools.

The Aussie woman on commentary made a fair point, when you're in such a bad run like we are it becomes about about the mental side as it does the cricketing ability… and we certainly seem to be lacking there.

As soon as the Northants second innings started its been really poor cricket for the most part.

Batted out all the overs but because of the last hour rule we carry on until 18:07, and Tickner is out with the first extra ball.

Surely should have had a more concerted effort to do some “gardening”?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We got out of jail but it only papers over the cracks…

It will be interesting to see what the team is against Glousestershire.

Probably start by playing a spinner and I still think Came should be opening.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Came, Sami and Wagstaff need to be given a chance….

Wouldn't mind seeing Wagstaff. Probably my biggest gripe at the moment is the young lads have disappeared from the team…and we've got worse.

I wonder if they are saving Samit for the T20 first, and then we might see him in the championship when that's done.

29 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Wagstaff. Probably my biggest gripe at the moment is the young lads have disappeared from the team…and we've got worse.

I wonder if they are saving Samit for the T20 first, and then we might see him in the championship when that's done.

Time will tell….can’t wait for August and the new footie season 😉

13 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Dal edges between 4th and 5th slip in the last over of the game and they both leave it for each other 😂

Dal deserved that bit of luck. Match drawn thanks to huge effects from Dal and Chappell. Good to see some bottle, but we've got big problems with that top order.

Yeah, huge credit to the lower order, showed the mentality that you alluded to earlier. Perhaps this is the trigger that changes that thinking?!?

1 hour ago, Mihangel said:

Yeah, huge credit to the lower order, showed the mentality that you alluded to earlier. Perhaps this is the trigger that changes that thinking?!?

We can hope.

Thought Mickey Arthur’s post match interview was pretty much spot on. We do play some good cricket but there is a really bad session or two in every game which sees the chance of a win slip away. 

I don't think we've got the balance of the team right this season either.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sage said:

Heard a whisper we sre signing Matt Carter from Notts.

Steady one day player but a bell end

I wondered when I saw he had been released. I can probably learn to like him with some match winning performances 🤞😂

Edited by jimbo jones

Obviously another championship game this week first, but the way that's going I’m ready to look forward to the T20 and what the team might look like.

My guess would be

David Lloyd

Luis Reece

Wayne Madsen

Samit Patel

Aneurin Donald

Brooke Guest

Ross Whiteley

Zak Chappell

Pat Brown

Blair Tickner

Daryn DuPavillon

With some decent players waiting in the wings, Harry Came, Matt Lamb, Anuj Dal, Alex Thomson, and potentially Matt Carter.

51 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Obviously another championship game this week first, but the way that's going I’m ready to look forward to the T20 and what the team might look like.

My guess would be

David Lloyd

Luis Reece

Wayne Madsen

Samit Patel

Aneurin Donald

Brooke Guest

Ross Whiteley

Zak Chappell

Pat Brown

Blair Tickner

Daryn DuPavillon

With some decent players waiting in the wings, Harry Came, Matt Lamb, Anuj Dal, Alex Thomson, and potentially Matt Carter.

Think I might be inclined to play Thompson instead of Brown.