Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

7 minutes ago, sage said:

321 for 8 now. A second wicket for Lakmal.

Looks like they will declare at lunch and we will be chasing something like 330 off around 66 overs. Four and a half an over.

They only got to a 317 lead with 67 overs left at lunch. My maths says that is 4.75 runs an over if they do declare at lunch.

That would be an interesting afternoon of cricket ahead. If they bat on, not so much.

36 minutes ago, sage said:

they havent set us a fair total, shut up shop and balls to them

Completely agree. They didn't leave anything for us in the chase. This has been a good game, but I'll be incredibly annoyed if we lose.

Wasn’t to be, the proper batters had to keep swinging, which always gave the opportunity to be caught out. Expecting Conners and. Scrimshaw to do that when Sussex kept the field out was never going to happen. Thought that was a bit negative again from them, took half the final over to bring everyone in.

Excitng, competitive cricket is what I want from a Derbyshire team, and we got that this week.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Wasn’t to be, the proper batters had to keep swinging, which always gave the opportunity to be caught out. Expecting Conners and. Scrimshaw to do that when Sussex kept the field out was never going to happen. Thought that was a bit negative again from them, took half the final over to bring everyone in.

Excitng, competitive cricket is what I want from a Derbyshire team, and we got that this week.

How did the game end 😉