Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Godleman & Reece not being in the greatest of form this year, the batting does look very fragile though. 

Reece has made the odd contribution but Godleman has endured a terrible run of scores. 

Long time followers might be able to help me out here but I'm sure our former wicketkeeper, Bernie Maher, had a prolonged run of ducks and single figure scores, to the extent where I can remember it decades later.

32 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Couple of early wickets and all that......

To be fair, it looks just as tricky to bat for Glamorgan. They have the advantage of knowing they only need 110 in 47 overs and are batting accordingly.

Really think we should have reigned things in after the 2nd or 3rd wicket went down.

Conditions much better for batting this afternoon.  This was a very important toss to lose.

Has made for a very uneven game, whereas we needed everything to go our way with the depleted squad.

Some snooty Glamorgan supporters here decrying our 'facilities'. ?

20220802_142042.jpg

Good signing that. Poached from Leicestershire by Notts, and has since had a couple of loan spells at Gloucestershire, including this season. Been around since 2015 so adds some 
much needed experience to the bowling unit, but only turns 26 later this month. Had his injury problems, which has slowed the progress he’d have hoped to make, but just the sort of signings we want to strengthen the squad.

Edit: I’ve had a thought ?

Chappell will play for Notts in the one day cup, but I wonder if there will be a loan once that’s finished for the last 3 championship games. I would think there’s a reasonable chance.

Edited by jimbo jones