Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Lancs completely bottled it by the looks of it, (I didn’t follow it live)?

To a degree I suppose they did, but the expectation now seems to be that the batting side should always get the runs, so they “bottle it” when they don’t rather than the fielding team just bowled well, which they did, especially Nathan Ellis who was superb.

There also seemed to be surprise that a pitch that was on its 3rd game became more difficult to bat on...which seems pretty obvious to me ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Sad but inevitable

Yeah, I’m slightly surprised, I thought he would get this game.

The fixtures are a bit different this year, but I think it was around this time he got dropped last season before coming back with a century in the one day cup. Can only hope for him history repeats.

3 hours ago, SKHunter said:

Yes, lot of respect for Billy.  Nice bloke too.  Am I remembering this right, but didn't he drop himself down the order 3 or 4 years ago when he had a dip in form?

I vaguely remember him dropping down the order at some point. Trouble is, 3-7 look pretty much set with all the players showing form at their position. I don’t think Mickey Arthur will want to tinker with that.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

"What were you doing when Derby had its hottest day ever, Grandad?"

"Why, I was sitting in the sun watching a bunch of guys run around in it, Oliver".

I presume you are seeking shade in the 'Waiting for God Stand' 

Team  News

I like it, Came gets his chance, scored lots of runs in the seconds this season. He’s still only 23, it will be good for him to have a good run of games including the one day cup.

Scrimshaw is in ? and so is McKiernan which I like.

Notts won the toss so we will be bowling.

047D2EAF-F3FF-48D9-9E09-B14CA4BFD0A0.jpeg

Edited by jimbo jones