One weight lifted....

IslandExile

Perhaps surprising for a club that has effectively been relegated as early as November, but I sense a really positive shift in the mood of supporters since the news of the additional points deduction broke this morning.

Fans are already starting to look forward to a new set of away grounds next season, they're discussing which youngsters may break into the side and establish themselves. I've even seen a couple of posters say they may start going to matches more often.

People are starting to look forward again....

Forward to a time when it's the football on the pitch that matters. That's why we support the club. That's what we want to think about, talk about, dare to dream about.

We still need an owner to take over the club - that's crucial, of course. But I believe it's all starting to look a lot brighter. We're leaving the crappy stuff behind and returning to being a football club.

COYR ?

Some wounds are quicker to heal that others.

I agree that dwelling on whom is to blame is counter productive and ultimately adds no value but while we're in this limbo then I do confess to posting on related threads maybe as some form of catharsis. 

With new owners I'm actually looking forward to spending time in League 1, let Forest keep the record for the number of seasons in the Championship as I was already feeling suffocated and pretty bored with the endlessness of it all.

I applaud the optimism.

However, the major concern now must be:  Are there genuine potential bidders for DCFC as a L1 club, considering the hefty price tag to clear the debt (+ funds to build new playing squad), and the remaining questions about stadium ownership ?? I guess we will soon find out if the claims made by the administrators in any way reflect reality. 

15 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Perhaps surprising for a club that has effectively been relegated as early as November, but I sense a really positive shift in the mood of supporters since the news of the additional points deduction broke this morning.

Fans are already starting to look forward to a new set of away grounds next season, they're discussing which youngsters may break into the side and establish themselves. I've even seen a couple of posters say they may start going to matches more often.

People are starting to look forward again....

Forward to a time when it's the football on the pitch that matters. That's why we support the club. That's what we want to think about, talk about, dare to dream about.

We still need an owner to take over the club - that's crucial, of course. But I believe it's all starting to look a lot brighter. We're leaving the crappy stuff behind and returning to being a football club.

COYR ?

Love ur optimism buddy really do and dont want to p on ur parade, and i hear what ur saying

but imo were still a long way to go before we can start looking forward to focussing on the pitch again

theres still so so much to be sorted out owbership, if not what sort of a squad will we be left with end of january, how long is the efls emargo/business plan going to hamstring us for .. 18 months?

will we be able to keep rooney? Will rooney stay? Do we want him to stay?

thats before we start looking st what we can bring in

i remember when the red dogs were struggling in league one their biggest problem was attracting players to come to them purely cos players would rather go to say huddersfield / preston in the champ than forest in league one.. plus the wages they could offer and they didnt have a business plan /embargo hanging over them

i hope this is the first step to a clearer future too but im not too confident just yet  

Let's just see where we are at Christmas. If we somehow go on a good run it might be worth giving it a good go until the end of season. It all depends what the new owner wants to do if they arrive by the January window. We may sell players, we may not. Still too much uncertainty at the minute.

Agree with the comments - of course, we are very far from letting off the handbrake of celebration - and getting an owner in place soon is paramount.

But, even through the hesitancy of the posts, you can see glimmers of what I am referring to.... The talk is of whether we can attract players, keeping the manager, is Wayne the right man for the job anyway.... That's all football stuff. Football.

That's not points deductions, transfer embargoes or debts to HMRC. We're starting to talk football again.

48 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Love ur optimism buddy really do and dont want to p on ur parade, and i hear what ur saying

but imo were still a long way to go before we can start looking forward to focussing on the pitch again

theres still so so much to be sorted out owbership, if not what sort of a squad will we be left with end of january, how long is the efls emargo/business plan going to hamstring us for .. 18 months?

will we be able to keep rooney? Will rooney stay? Do we want him to stay?

thats before we start looking st what we can bring in

i remember when the red dogs were struggling in league one their biggest problem was attracting players to come to them purely cos players would rather go to say huddersfield / preston in the champ than forest in league one.. plus the wages they could offer and they didnt have a business plan /embargo hanging over them

i hope this is the first step to a clearer future too but im not too confident just yet  

Are you sure it wasn’t just cos they’re forest, and no one wants to play for them if they can help it.