Outgoings, will there be any?

RoyMac5

In the online DET Steve Clarke is (understandably) suggesting Marshall ought to go or get involved.

"... I have spoken to David, he is disappointed not to be involved but he fully understands why he is not involved in this camp.

"If he gets himself a move before the end of this transfer window, or he gets back involved with Derby, David would be straight back into my thoughts, no doubt about that."

So, Marshall maybe.

Anyone else?

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Just Marshall it seems, whilst I assume he is not involved due to either/ or both that we will owe wigan more money or his wages are currently to high for us - if finances were better he would certainly be involved on match days 

Maybe. But perhaps we'll get a small fee? I think Rooney now prefers Roos, I think he plays who he feels is best for the team, whatever.

Allsop has not covered himself in glory in his two appearances to date so, while certainly not writing the lad off, if Marshall is behind him on perceived ability then his game really had gone downhill!

Of course, we all know Marshall's current plight is more financial/political. I hope he gets his move; at 36 and having seen his place in the national team taken by someone else, he doesn't want to be rotting in the wings.

Marshall is the only one I can imagine will be going as I can't see us getting out of the embargo. I think it could've been a very different summer had we not been under an embargo. 

No doubt he's miles ahead of Allsop, but one is probably picking up £15k week and the other is picking up less than £4k. If he doesn't find a move, however, I would fully expect him to at least be on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Probably in a combined third choice/coaching role similar to Scott Carson's role at Man City.

Yes I was thinking similar, he’s the right age for that type of move. 
Also it my not be so outlandish when you think Carson went to City and Grant went to Untied. 

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

In the online DET Steve Clarke is (understandably) suggesting Marshall ought to go or get involved.

"... I have spoken to David, he is disappointed not to be involved but he fully understands why he is not involved in this camp.

"If he gets himself a move before the end of this transfer window, or he gets back involved with Derby, David would be straight back into my thoughts, no doubt about that."

So, Marshall maybe.

Anyone else?

Still think if we’re out of embargo soon we could sell a couple (as well as Marshall) to book profit, and bring say 5 in on loan. Would make perfect financial (FFP) sense. Then assuming change of ownership occurs before 22/23 the new owners can cut their cloth 

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Marshall could of been going to (don’t laugh) Liverpool apparently. 

He'd be giving up hope of ever playing for Scotland again then - Clarke seemed pretty clear that his main keeper needs to be getting game time

Should also clarify that I do think Marshall will leave, for nothing or a small nominal fee - But think he'll try and find himself a playing move

Edited by cheron85