Season ticket or not

Rammiesdad

9 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

9 now and she loves going. She’s a Tom boy and plays football so now she loves watching it. So for me it’s a win win 

I keep telling her don’t support us because I do but she does support Derby, I am from Ashbourne so I don’t have a choice she’s born in London and still supports this dross.. so good luck to her ? 

I asked because there was a man and a daughter sat near us on Saturday and she came down over the seat somehow when we scored. My husband held the seat for her to climb back over. Just wondered if it was you? 

After constructive discussions with my other half i've decided to put back my decision to buy a ST or not back another 6 days...but...

Being in the SW corner looks like its not going to be the cheap seats anymore in fact i still have no idea how much it's going to cost me to watch Derby this season.

I'm now a grandad with all that entails, just paid for new window and front door, booked three breaks end of August, middle of Sept and end of October. It's ok for all the young bucks to chuck money at following Derby but for old 'un's like me im afraid time waits for no man and Derby have missed their chance at luring me in this season. Will i come back next season? who knows, ive been following the club and paying out for 40+ years, i've drifted away a few times and always come back but never have i had as many other interests or responsibilities as i do now. I think the way forward will be half a dozen hand picked home games and a few aways/weekends away..Bristol, London, Cardiff etc

It's a shame but i fear a lot of people around my age group wont be back

Yes, as I'm one of the 8,000 whose loans have helped sustain the club over the last 12 months and am hoping to now get a modicum of entertainment in return (on the pitch would be nice). If I hadn't already effectively got one, I think I would probably renew, but I can understand those who say they've lost the bug, because I reckon at least half of the lads I used to meet up with have gradually lost interest since THAT season. 

To rekindle interest, or attract new supporters, we need off the pitch stability and on the pitch hope and excitement. I'm not sure how close either of those goals are right now. 

8 hours ago, Steadybreeze said:

After constructive discussions with my other half i've decided to put back my decision to buy a ST or not back another 6 days...but...

Being in the SW corner looks like its not going to be the cheap seats anymore in fact i still have no idea how much it's going to cost me to watch Derby this season.

I'm now a grandad with all that entails, just paid for new window and front door, booked three breaks end of August, middle of Sept and end of October. It's ok for all the young bucks to chuck money at following Derby but for old 'un's like me im afraid time waits for no man and Derby have missed their chance at luring me in this season. Will i come back next season? who knows, ive been following the club and paying out for 40+ years, i've drifted away a few times and always come back but never have i had as many other interests or responsibilities as i do now. I think the way forward will be half a dozen hand picked home games and a few aways/weekends away..Bristol, London, Cardiff etc

It's a shame but i fear a lot of people around my age group wont be back

Yes I  identify with  this ,  now 60 plus age ,travel a round trip of 25 miles . Not too far    but when I  could stay home  and watch on tv . Other thing's  in life etc . I could easily make excuses . But the orher side is  I  may not be able to go in a few years  , so whilst I  still can , I  will

I love going to games despite everything that's going on with the club and because it's only the second season I could realistically hold a season ticket after 30 years in the emergency services ,I won't be giving mine up without a fight!

The biggest drag for me I'd trying to get away in my car after the game,I'm forever looking for better placed to park....once the games done,I just want to be off home which is 40 miles away.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

21 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I love going to games despite everything that's going on with the club and because it's only the second season I could realistically hold a season ticket after 30 years in the emergency services ,I won't be giving mine up without a fight!

The biggest drag for me I'd trying to get away in my car after the game,I'm forever looking for better placed to park....once the games done,I just want to be off home which is 40 miles away.

Usually by half time I want to be 40 miles away.

27 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Chads empty now.. well it was until I said this