We’re going to win the league!

Day

For as long as I have been a Derby fan we have raised our game against the better teams and struggle against anyone who wants to reduce the quality down to a scrap. We just never find a way to win dirty, and the only time we did scrape a load of 1-0 wins in a season, we got promoted. 

Unfortunately I think Salford will be more representative of the teams we will play in the league this year, rather than Man Utd or Betis. 

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, it wasn't my place to say that. But the reason we get to hear about Rooney doing stuff is he sells 'papers'. I can't believe he's the only bloke/woman out there going out on a Saturday night. Or that he's the only manager to get involved in a training ground game "(Ray) Parlour has come to Rooney's defence, highlighting that training injuries aren't rare in the world of professional football". - Talksport

We get noticed because of the state the club is in and who Rooney is. If we were doing well on the pitch we'd still be news because we are/were a big club and Rooney was a great player. It's a trade-off, the other option is to be a club no-one cares about. Swings and roundabouts. Lets hope we get much more about our football, players want to be here, lets hope that is sorted soon.

That stuff is only add ons to the bigger embarrassment. Trying to sell the club multiple times to charlatans, Morris' obsession with celebrity hires, embargos, legal battles, wars with the football league, getting farted on whilst asleep, Joiners gate... you name it, it's all an absolute laughing stock.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

That stuff is only add ons to the bigger embarrassment. Trying to sell the club multiple times to charlatans, Morris' obsession with celebrity hires, embargos, legal battles, wars with the football league, getting farted on whilst asleep, Joiners gate... you name it, it's all an absolute laughing stock.

Well we have to just say yeah so we're admitting it, we're dealing with it and move on. When you look at the nitty gritty we've not been so bad. FFS we've not done a Fester or a QPR. We've not been successful in our bid to get to the Prem and it's been a rocky ride - but sod it I'd rather it had happened then not. There's plenty of fans getting none of it. To expect high paid players and managers to all behave like saints is just not right. Never gonna happen. It's how they deal with the effects. Tom has tried his best, Rooney has apologised for sleeping and being ridiculed. What more can they do - well we'll see won't we. Then we hope to see that they want to make amends.

#COYR

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well we have to just say yeah so we're admitting it, we're dealing with it and move on. When you look at the nitty gritty we've not been so bad. FFS we've not done a Fester or a QPR. We've not been successful in our bid to get to the Prem and it's been a rocky ride - but sod it I'd rather it had happened then not. There's plenty of fans getting none of it. To expect high paid players and managers to all behave like saints is just not right. Never gonna happen. It's how they deal with the effects. Tom has tried his best, Rooney has apologised for sleeping and being ridiculed. What more can they do - well we'll see won't we. Then we hope to see that they want to make amends.

#COYR

As I said, the obsession with celebrity is exhausting. What happened to picking someone based on their ability to do a job? We’ve had Lampard, Cocu, Rooney, Rosenior, Given etc etc. All of them here because the name is interesting and can boost revenue (fat lot of good that did). 

I long for a week the only reason we are in the news is for playing well. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

As I said, the obsession with celebrity is exhausting. What happened to picking someone based on their ability to do a job? We’ve had Lampard, Cocu, Rooney, Rosenior, Given etc etc. All of them here because the name is interesting and can boost revenue (fat lot of good that did). 

I long for a week the only reason we are in the news is for playing well. 

Well when that comes around again all that will mean is the people doing it will become celebrities - you are missing the point. These people are the famous stars. The 'media circus' will not go away.

44 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, it wasn't my place to say that. But the reason we get to hear about Rooney doing stuff is he sells 'papers'. I can't believe he's the only bloke/woman out there going out on a Saturday night. Or that he's the only manager to get involved in a training ground game "(Ray) Parlour has come to Rooney's defence, highlighting that training injuries aren't rare in the world of professional football". - Talksport

We get noticed because of the state the club is in and who Rooney is. If we were doing well on the pitch we'd still be news because we are/were a big club and Rooney was a great player. It's a trade-off, the other option is to be a club no-one cares about. Swings and roundabouts. Lets hope we get much more about our football, players want to be here, lets hope that is sorted soon.

I don't often share your views Roy but you are spot on here

12 hours ago, Rev said:

We're not going to win the league.

We've a front two in CKR and possibly Baldock who will struggle for 10 goals between them.

Midfield is ok if used correctly, which it won't be and we can sign some of the trialists.

Defensively ok, if we can bring Jagielka in, despite being 50 years old he's still quicker than other options.

Clark is bound to score a few headers 

56 minutes ago, Rev said:

You just know that the man who couldn't score for us despite having 5 headers a match will be banging them in like John Terry for someone else.

It did seem second half of last season that we had a remarkable ability to bring the best out of the oppo’s keeper

8 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

It was great to be back in the ground last night . But if we are going to win games we will need much better numbers supporting. About 6,000 at a guess. Come on lads get out your armchairs!

I was in my caravan armchair on holiday, but will make sure to return intime for Huddersfield.