We’re going to win the league!

David

We might not win this league, but if the EFL continue to mess us around then their loss is La Liga's gain.

Betis finished 6th last season. Phil Jagielka and Craig Forsyth in the Europa League in 2022/23? Oh go on then.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We might not win this league, but if the EFL continue to mess us around then their loss is La Liga's gain.

Betis finished 6th last season. Phil Jagielka and Craig Forsyth in the Europa League in 2022/23? Oh go on then.

Betis finished 6th, we beat them so yeah, as you say we can apply to play in La Liga if EFL carry on. Only 18 points behind Barca as well, but when we sign Ryan Allsop that could close the gap.

50 minutes ago, David said:

That’s how we react to pre season results isn’t it? One extreme to the other.

Champiano Champiano ole ole ole ?

Came back from the match, elated and full of positivity. Ready  to share my views as they are far to important to be lost in the ether of my living room, only to find that @angieramthread has gone?  Worst 1-0 win over a la liga team in the Europa cup  night EVER!!

3 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Came back from the match, elated and full of positivity. Ready  to share my views as they are far to important to be lost in the ether of my living room, only to find that @angieramthread has gone?  Worst 1-0 win over a la liga team in the Europa cup  night EVER!!

It's not gone?

We're not going to win the league.

We've a front two in CKR and possibly Baldock who will struggle for 10 goals between them.

Midfield is ok if used correctly, which it won't be and we can sign some of the trialists.

Defensively ok, if we can bring Jagielka in, despite being 50 years old he's still quicker than other options.

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

We're not going to win the league.

We've a front two in CKR and possibly Baldock who will struggle for 10 goals between them.

Midfield is ok if used correctly, which it won't be and we can sign some of the trialists.

Defensively ok, if we can bring Jagielka in, despite being 50 years old he's still quicker than other options.

Add Beilik to what we saw tonight and this team has a top 6 finish in it 

Just now, David said:

How many you had? It's only pre season you know ?

I know. 
I work nights and had booked tonight off as a holiday to watch the match. So I treated it as one.  Did have a couple of shandies? obviously. 
what a strike from Bird !!!!

Doesnt matter now as my pearls of wisdom about a profession I know absolutely nothin about have now dissipated away and we will never know if I was the next Brian  Clough or not.

COYR

1 hour ago, David said:

That’s how we react to pre season results isn’t it? One extreme to the other.

Champiano Champiano ole ole ole ?

thats the spirit, i just booked flight over via manchester, for hudds home,,,

rooney at the helm and lawrence is our leader wtf could go wrong... COYR

sad black and white GIF by Emma Darvick

Edited by OUTSIDER

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

It was great to be back in the ground last night . But if we are going to win games we will need much better numbers supporting. About 6,000 at a guess. Come on lads get out your armchairs!

It looked more like a third of that.

Can't be arsed going until the club can can be arsed to stop embarrassing me.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

It looked more like a third of that.

Can't be arsed going until the club can can be arsed to stop embarrassing me.

Well when you value signal at the drop of a sentence that'll be some while then, sad for you. 

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wish I had a clue what the hell you're going on about half the time.

Yeah, it wasn't my place to say that. But the reason we get to hear about Rooney doing stuff is he sells 'papers'. I can't believe he's the only bloke/woman out there going out on a Saturday night. Or that he's the only manager to get involved in a training ground game "(Ray) Parlour has come to Rooney's defence, highlighting that training injuries aren't rare in the world of professional football". - Talksport

We get noticed because of the state the club is in and who Rooney is. If we were doing well on the pitch we'd still be news because we are/were a big club and Rooney was a great player. It's a trade-off, the other option is to be a club no-one cares about. Swings and roundabouts. Lets hope we get much more about our football, players want to be here, lets hope that is sorted soon.