Has Rooney been more successful as a player or Manager of the Rams?

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another click bait thread to have a go at our clubs manager...zzzz

He is in trouble we all know that but he inherited a shambles was unsupported in the January window..I prefer to get behind him and the team and hope they salvage the season

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

was unsupported in the January window

What?

So with the takeover still 'alive' at that point but cash flow stalled enough to not pay the players, the club somehow managed to bring in 5 more loans, meaning we have more than we can play. How is that not supported?

4 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Another click bait thread to have a go at our clubs manager...zzzz

He is in trouble we all know that but he inherited a shambles was unsupported in the January window..I prefer to get behind him and the team and hope they salvage the season

Not at all, it made me think when someone suggested he put his boots back on ?

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

What?

So with the takeover still 'alive' at that point but cash flow stalled enough to not pay the players, the club somehow managed to bring in 5 more loans, meaning we have more than we can play. How is that not supported?

Well we sold Whittaker, Evans, Holmes and te Wierik to get those players in on loan though 

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

What?

You know as well as I do he had a list of players that he couldn't bring in..of course it relates to the bodged takeover but the people he brought in were best endeavors probably plan B or C at best..it amazes me we have people calling for his head..Cocu was given a season and a quarter and was dire for pretty much all of it apart from one Indian summer spell..im not a Rooney apologist in the slightest he has made mistakes and will make more..but to me talk of getting rid is often by those on here that hated him as a player hate him as our manager and gave him zero credit when he turned around our bottom of the table form..he has a lot to do of course and our current form is shocking..but I'm still confident he will work it out and keep us up...for which for many on here again he will get zero credit..

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

You know as well as I do he had a list of players that he couldn't bring in..of course it relates to the bodged takeover but the people he brought in were best endeavors probably plan B or C at best..it amazes me we have people calling for his head..Cocu was given a season and a quarter and was dire for pretty much all of it apart from one Indian summer spell..im not a Rooney apologist in the slightest he has made mistakes and will make more..but to me talk of getting rid is often by those on here that hated him as a player hate him as our manager and gave him zero credit when he turned around our bottom of the table form..he has a lot to do of course and our current form is shocking..but I'm still confident he will work it out and keep us up...for which for many on here again he will get zero credit..

If you look back at my posts, you will see that I was actually one of the first to support Rooney's appointment as manager - even though I felt his presence had undermined Cocu.

Results went well at first but that was coincident with Bielik and Kazim-Richards returning to fitness.

Rooney's tactics and public calling out of players has impacted on my confidence in him. I know the quality of the squad is as poor as it's been for years but even so....

32 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Traditionally yes but times have changed. Champions league qualification and possible FA cup champions while we could be relegated. Their profile has vastly increased

Not as a club though ie fan base, season ticket holders, ground, training facilities and academy etc etc, not talking about quality on the pitch or finances....

Archived