Jack Stretton - joined Stockport on loan

QuitYourJibbaJivin

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kazim, Gregory and Waghorn ahead of him in the first team so game time will be limited. I guess Cresswell offers a bit of emergency cover.

It's a good opportunity for him to prove what level he's at. Also, with it being to the Confernece I assume it means we can recall him at any point?

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thought I saw Wazza saying he rates him and he will be pushing for a start? If CKR was injured we haven’t got an awful lot of options upfront...

Been out injured for quite a while and just because he’s going on loan doesn’t mean we don’t rate him. Proper men’s football is integral to his development IMO, no transfer windows in the conference either so he can go on loan and if we do have an injury crises he can be recalled.

9 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Been out injured for quite a while and just because he’s going on loan doesn’t mean we don’t rate him. Proper men’s football is integral to his development IMO, no transfer windows in the conference either so he can go on loan and if we do have an injury crises he can be recalled.

I thought once fit he might be a better option than Gregory....

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I thought once fit he might be a better option than Gregory....

I personally feel the last thing this team needs at the moment is chucking in another inexperienced youngster. Mels vision of 50% of the team being from the academy is nothing but a pipe dream, if we go with the same policy next season Wel be back in a relegation battle.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Kazim, Gregory and Waghorn ahead of him in the first team so game time will be limited. I guess Cresswell offers a bit of emergency cover.

It's a good opportunity for him to prove what level he's at. Also, with it being to the Confernece I assume it means we can recall him at any point?

Don't suppose we could send Waghorn in his place?

Can’t say I’ve seen enough of him to know if he’s any good, or if the National League is his current level, but it feels a bit brave letting him go when we can’t bring in a replacement. It leaves us with only Kazim-Richards and Gregory as our first team forwards, that’s very short on any sort of cover. 

Good luck to him though, hopefully he does well and proves he has potential to make it here.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Can’t say I’ve seen enough of him to know if he’s any good, or if the National League is his current level, but it feels a bit brave letting him go when we can’t bring in a replacement. It leaves us with only Kazim-Richards and Gregory as our first team forwards, that’s very short on any sort of cover. 

Good luck to him though, hopefully he does well and proves he has potential to make it here.

We can recall him apparently ?

36 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Given our current first team options, we've obviously decided National League football (19 games remaining) is better for him than U23 football (4 games remaining). It could be with view to getting him a L1/2 loan for next season too.

To be honest, considering the U23s will finish somewhere between 2nd and 10th, we may as well loan a number of the older U23 members if an offer comes in.

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Bit suprised by this. Loans to the Natioal League usually mean we don't see a future for them here. 

At this point it's Natjonal League football of U23 football.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Given our current first team options, we've obviously decided National League football (19 games remaining) is better for him than U23 football (4 games remaining). It could be with view to getting him a L1/2 loan for next season too.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To be honest, considering the U23s will finish somewhere between 2nd and 10th, we may as well loan a number of the older U23 members if an offer comes in.

Yeah, that makes sense. Feel we should use the loan system more to be honest, U23 football doesn’t really tell you how good a player is.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think it’s 6 games -13 teams this year in the PL2. But I agree better to get him some men’s football for 19 games and see how he fairs 

4 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

I think it’s 6 games -13 teams this year in the PL2. But I agree better to get him some men’s football for 19 games and see how he fairs 

Oh, of course.

It shouldn't just benefit Stretton. There will be someone gaining more U23 football as a result.

Get him some minutes in 'mens' football, will do him the world of good. Hopefully come back for preseason in the summer and stakes a claim to be part of the first team.

Not many u23s games left so makes sense to let him go on loan.

Archived