The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So if you had a positive covid result 59 days prior to being flattened by a steam roller, you’d be on the above statistics?

(yes I know steam rollers are diesel nowadays)

Yup, it is all deaths within 60 days of a +ve covid test - covid, cancer, stepped in front of a bus or flattened by a steam roller ?

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So if you had a positive covid result 59 days prior to being flattened by a steam roller, you’d be on the above statistics?

(yes I know steam rollers are diesel nowadays)

Oh god your not suggesting it could be climate change deaths ?

43 minutes ago, Archied said:

Oh god your not suggesting it could be climate change deaths ?

Well, I’m not sure?  Coal fumes or diesel fumes?

Lets say it was a yet designed Electric Steam roller, but without the steam.

12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Tens of thousands more people stepped in front of buses last year than normal? During a national lockdown? 

We're not talking about last year, we're talking about now - Omicron is far less deadly than previous variants. 

Whilst the 28/60 day deaths may have been more accurate last year as can be seen in the graph below far more people are dying with covid now-a-days than from it, which is I guess one of the reasons why the Govt have discontinued publishing the data.  

FRRDCAhWQAEALmW.png

22 minutes ago, maxjam said:

We're not talking about last year, we're talking about now - Omicron is far less deadly than previous variants. 

A good job, seeing as though the Covid death rate is currently the highest it's been for several months.

Incidentally, the highest excess mortality in the current wave are for males in the 0-24 grouping, followed by males in the 25-49 grouping. You know - the grouping of maximum bravado and minimum common sense. The grouping that should be titled the "Hold my beer and watch this" grouping.

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Still no vaccine against abject stupidity, I see.

?

23 minutes ago, Eddie said:

A good job, seeing as though the Covid death rate is currently the highest it's been for several months.

Incidentally, the highest excess mortality in the current wave are for males in the 0-24 grouping, followed by males in the 25-49 grouping. You know - the grouping of maximum bravado and minimum common sense. The grouping that should be titled the "Hold my beer and watch this" grouping.

According to the covid tracker they have (hopefully) peaked and are starting to fall again.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/?s

Whilst deaths may have been high recently, we have also been experiencing record numbers of infections (I think it went as high as 1 in 8 or 1 in 9 of the UK population iirc) due to Omicron which whilst providing no comfort to those deceased, puts the fatality rate into some sort of perspective.  Furthermore, as mentioned earlier the death rate is skewed to include everyone with covid (60%) not from covid (40%) which would reduce the actual numbers further.

Additionally, deaths in the under 15 category stand at 49 since the beginning of the pandemic.

Edited by maxjam

41 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Still no vaccine against abject stupidity, I see.

Obviously or else we wouldn’t still be seeing people wearing bits of paper over they’re faces then sitting down for a nice beer with them off

Edited by Archied

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The ones saying hold my beer while I get this mask on to go to the toilet?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

FWIW I just checked the excess deaths for the latest week available here;

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYmUwNmFhMjYtNGZhYS00NDk2LWFlMTAtOTg0OGNhNmFiNGM0IiwidCI6ImVlNGUxNDk5LTRhMzUtNGIyZS1hZDQ3LTVmM2NmOWRlODY2NiIsImMiOjh9

Males 0-24: 12 deaths / 1.2x expected deaths

Females 0-24: 7 deaths / 1.19x expected deaths

Males 25-49: 13 deaths / 1.05x expected deaths

Females 25-49: 24 deaths / 1.17x expected deaths

Males 50-64: 53 deaths / 1.09x expected deaths

Females 50-64: -15 expected deaths / 0.96x expected deaths

Males 65-74: -45 expected deaths / 0.95x expected deaths

Females 65-74: -36 expected deaths / 0.95x expected deaths

Males 75-84: -53 expected deaths / 0.97x expected deaths

Females 75-84: -53 expected deaths / 0.95x expected deaths

Males 85+: -55 expected deaths / 0.97x expected deaths

Females 85+: -249 expected deaths / 0.9x expected deaths

If you look at the graph over the course of the pandemic however you could argue that the +50 age groups are seeing negative excess deaths atm due to covid having already taken its toll on the most vulnerable - almost 90% of covid deaths have been in the over 65s, a good deal of whom would have been expected to live into this year.

Likewise the 0-24 age group saw periods of significantly fewer than expected deaths during the pandemic probably because the couldn't go out and do the mad stuff that youngsters do ? 

On 27/04/2022 at 18:30, maxjam said:

Whilst the 28/60 day deaths may have been more accurate last year as can be seen in the graph below far more people are dying with covid now-a-days than from it, which is I guess one of the reasons why the Govt have discontinued publishing the data.  

FRRDCAhWQAEALmW.png

I think there is some truth in this. I certainly have not been one of those who has ever bought into it the "aha people are dying with COVID , not from it" nonsense. If you test positive for a fairly deadly disease and then die within 30 days , its 99% certain it will be the COVID that killed you. But now with less deadly (but more contagious) strain, it is more likely that people with other conditions will die from those conditions but co-incidentally happen to have omicron COVID as well.   

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

I think there is some truth in this. I certainly have not been one of those who has ever bought into it the "aha people are dying with COVID , not from it" nonsense. If you test positive for a fairly deadly disease and then die within 30 days , its 99% certain it will be the COVID that killed you. But now with less deadly (but more contagious) strain, it is more likely that people with other conditions will die from those conditions but co-incidentally happen to have omicron COVID as well.   

That really depends on how you define deadly or fairly deadly, the massively overwhelming number of people who caught covid were not killed by it and the majority suffered nothing more than bad flu symptoms , no dispute that it was deadly to a small percentage of people and I personally feel we would be better served trying to shield the obvious at risk and trying to discover the reason s why the less obvious we’re so badly effected by it rather than the blanket fear spread

On 27/04/2022 at 14:50, Eddie said:

Current Covid death toll over 2,000 a week and rising - and still the anti-maskers persevere with their spurious nonsense and deflection.

Still banging on about masks, you remind me of these guys @Eddie……give it up

AB770DBE-F100-4B35-8057-C770CDFACC26.jpeg

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Stupid people continue to say - and do - stupid things.

Prove me wrong - and no, I won't hold your beer and watch this.

Your bill gates ( without the manners ) and I claim my £5