The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Who exactly is it you think are doing this just to stop us enjoying ourselves? Curious.

The same people who are putting up national insurance. The same people that are putting up energy prices. The same people who are getting rich out of this. It’s not me or you though. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

So in summary:-

It doesn't stop you from catching it.

It doesn't stop you from spreading it.

You had a 2% chance of dying, if you caught it, before the vaccine. 

The poster is saying you still have a 2% chance of dying if you catch it having had the vaccine. 

I'm sure you may undertand my confusion.

I'm not saying the vaccine has not saved lives here by the way.

I’ve seen lots of people quote this 2% and brush it off like it’s nothing. It’s so weird. 2% chance is one in 50, that’s ridiculously high in terms of a percentage considering you are likely to get COVID at some point.

I have a friend who bats it off like nothIng. Yet he’s afraid of flying. The chances of you dying in a fatal airplane crash is one in 1000000. Chances of you dying of COVID by the 2% rule is one in 50. 

Would you get on an airplane if one in 50 flights suffered a fatal crash? Of course you wouldn’t.

So why do people brush off the chance of dying from COVID like it’s nothing...

Edited by Bris Vegas

2 hours ago, Archied said:

That’s the thing , I don’t know anyone who has been seriously I’ll with it let alone died , none of my circle of friends , work colleagues have had anybody close seriously I’ll or died , now that’s not saying that it’s not a dangerous virus for some but two years in it’s pretty bizarre if this virus is all it’s been portrayed as in terms of the fear and engendered in people and the policies carried out , let alone the money that’s been made by many many and the money and freedom lost by many many more ??‍♂️

your not allowed to say that because someone read a stat online that said it wasnt true

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

LMGTFY

Did you not think to even look it up before making such a statement of fact?

It took me literally 30 seconds to find evidence that it's not true.

Yet to see means the 100s of people i come into contact with on the daily or the 1000s of people across the month for the last 18 months

theres been the odd person and the odd news story I agree, and im truly sorry for your friends loss briz

BUT LMGTFY

People died daily long before covid and there has certainly been no uptick in YOUNGISH FIT AND HEALTH PEOPLE.

Again EVERYSINGLE FIT person I know that has had it has had no serious illness, side effects or issues

NOT ONE

as briz said your attitude and OPINION to this is  determined by your experiance of it

Thats my experience, just because it doesnt suit your agenda doesnt mean Im not entitled to it

the fact everyone that has caught it in my household has caught it from a double jabbed individual sums it up

2 hours ago, Archied said:

This gets a laugh imogi when I’ve witnessed someone driving a car with the roof down wearing a mask amongst loads of other ludicrous stuff ,,, no way the fear message has been overdone , so much so that I’m not sure people will ever feel safe again ??‍♂️

best I came across was a cyclist along a country lane mask no helmet

oh the irony

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’ve seen lots of people quote this 2% and brush it off like it’s nothing. It’s so weird. 2% chance is one in 50, that’s ridiculously high in terms of a percentage considering you are likely to get COVID at some point.

I have a friend who bats it off like nothIng. Yet he’s afraid of flying. The chances of you dying in a fatal airplane crash is one in 1000000. Chances of you dying of COVID by the 2% rule is one in 50. 

Would you get on an airplane if one in 50 flights suffered a fatal crash? Of course you wouldn’t.

Who are you and what have you done with Bris? ?

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I do.

I think it's as ridiculous to say that it's not dangerous because you don't know anybody who has died from it (I do btw) as it is to says it's going to kill us all because you lost 3 family members.

I know plenty of people who had covid on there death certificate thanks

I wont go into details on them as thats personal but covid was a convenient additional, and in some way im glad because in a weird way it helped the grieving process a finger to point at rather than a very servere long term illness

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

where does the 2% figure come from its nowhere near that rate across the population?

even just looking at the confirmed cases

Just now, observer said:

where does the 2% figure come from its nowhere near that rate across the population?

No idea. People use the 98% survival rate quite often. Probably another quote from David Icke which has been picked up by the masses and spread like wildfire without any evidence.

Among my favorite being the only ones to benefit are big pharma. Yeah, along with the millions who hold shares and options in those companies. 

20 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It's not ducking 2 percent or anywhere near that's why. 

6 minutes ago, observer said:

It comes from a calculation using positive tests. Ignoring all those who have had it but never got tested due to never showing symptoms. Which at the moment, according to the ONS, is 3 times the number of people. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

It comes from a calculation using positive tests. Ignoring all those who have had it but never got tested due to never showing symptoms. Which at the moment, according to the ONS, is 3 times the number of people. 

its nowhere near the 2% figure though maybe for a certain sub age group but certainly not the general population

this combined with the stat above just shows its nothing.

I know a top consultant in the respiratory field and he once told me that there is something like this every flu season it just comes down the what the media want to portray and if it takes hold, last time we spoke he said covid wasnt really anything to worry about for the vast majority of people.

His opinion along with even the governments stats support that

There’s a simple explanation, they (MSM) use what ever number they want to make it look as bad possible to create a sense of fear leading to mass hysteria. There are loads who have fallen for it left, right and centre. You can see a sample of them on this forum, and they’re quick to mock those who can see right through it.

22 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

No idea. People use the 98% survival rate quite often. Probably another quote from David Icke which has been picked up by the masses and spread like wildfire without any evidence.

Among my favorite being the only ones to benefit are big pharma. Yeah, along with the millions who hold shares and options in those companies. 

It’s certainly not just a 1 in 50 chance of catching and dying from Covid. There’s actually a a risk calculator designed by The university of Oxford, turns out mine is 1 in 500,000.

https://www.qcovid.org

More worryingly the WHO found that the chances of suffering from vaccine related myocardartis are around 25,000 to 1 ?

https://www.who.int/news/item/27-10-2021-gacvs-statement-myocarditis-pericarditis-covid-19-mrna-vaccines-updated

1 hour ago, observer said:

When I last checked it was about 1.8%. Currently it is 1.44%. I'll presume the vaccine rollout has brought it down since. 

Figures based on 10,070,841 confirmed cases and 144,593 deaths in the UK. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

58 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

It’s certainly not just a 1 in 50 chance of catching and dying from Covid. There’s actually a a risk calculator designed by The university of Oxford, turns out mine is 1 in 500,000.

https://www.qcovid.org

More worryingly the WHO found that the chances of suffering from vaccine related myocardartis are around 25,000 to 1 ?

https://www.who.int/news/item/27-10-2021-gacvs-statement-myocarditis-pericarditis-covid-19-mrna-vaccines-updated

That's a really interesting tool and you see what effect the vaccine has straight away. With the vaccine my risk of death if I'm infected is 1 in 2000. Without it my risk is 1 in 300. I'm lucky my age isn't high enough to put me at serious risk. 

For poops and giggles I put my mother's details in, as I obviously can pass it on to her. Thank god she's had her vaccine, as her risk is 1 in 4 without it.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Brilliant analogy. Well played

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

There’s a simple explanation, they (MSM) use what ever number they want to make it look as bad possible to create a sense of fear leading to mass hysteria. There are loads who have fallen for it left, right and centre. You can see a sample of them on this forum, and they’re quick to mock those who can see right through it.

Same ones who mock when you question the climate crisis issues and policies beyond idealism , another code red being rinsed for all its worth rather than looked at sensibly I’ve seen a few documentaries and read a fair bit now on electric cars , I mean how rich is Elon musk but scratch the surface and it’s another wave of mass manufacturing partly on the backs of poorer nations for an infrastructure that we’ll fall apart if we get anywhere near the targets being set for getting rid of conventional cars , 

12 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Brilliant analogy. Well played

Not really when you consider it’s very skewed data ,, average age of death from covid in U.K. is above average life expectancy, deaths are calculated on the stated basis of dieing from ANY cause within 28 days of a positive covid test 

Edited by Archied