Tennis 2021

Curtains

• 3 months later...

Djokovic and Nadal making a mockery of football managers "resting" players if they play a couple of matches in a week. 

Unbelievable skill and stamina from these two tonight.

If you're not already watching you're probably missing one of the greatest tennis matches of all time.

6 hours ago, rad1919 said:

Djokovic and Nadal making a mockery of football managers "resting" players if they play a couple of matches in a week. 

If you're not already watching you're probably missing one of the greatest tennis matches of all time.

Sorry my friend Djokovic may be a great player but I for one am just fed up of his dominance of the men's game and it's getting boring in my opinion. Might as well just give him the trophies I feel sorry for Tsitsipas because he hasn't got a chance in the final. I for one won't be bothering to watch it. I use to love watching tennis but not anymore. 

9 hours ago, rad1919 said:

Quick late scan on the forum to see which chancer was taking over...no one, mildly disappointed i have to say. then I saw  your post and did not realise that was on, switched to it, enjoyed it. Thx for that

7 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Sorry my friend Djokovic may be a great player but I for one am just fed up of his dominance of the men's game and it's getting boring in my opinion. Might as well just give him the trophies I feel sorry for Tsitsipas because he hasn't got a chance in the final. I for one won't be bothering to watch it. I use to love watching tennis but not anymore. 

I don't mind Djokovic tbh, he's better viewing than Nadal imo and assuming he takes the title he'll be just 1 Grand Slam behind both Federer and Nadal.

I'd like to see Federer get at least 1 more Grand Slam, what with covid, his injuries and age being against him now, it just feels like his career has petered out a bit through no real fault of his own. 

But yeah, Djokovic has got age and athleticism over his big two rivals and the next generation aren't really at their level yet.  If he stays injury free he could dominate for a few more years and eventually go on to claim around 25 Grand Slams imo.

21 hours ago, maxjam said:

I don't mind Djokovic tbh, he's better viewing than Nadal imo and assuming he takes the title he'll be just 1 Grand Slam behind both Federer and Nadal.

I'd like to see Federer get at least 1 more Grand Slam, what with covid, his injuries and age being against him now, it just feels like his career has petered out a bit through no real fault of his own. 

But yeah, Djokovic has got age and athleticism over his big two rivals and the next generation aren't really at their level yet.  If he stays injury free he could dominate for a few more years and eventually go on to claim around 25 Grand Slams imo.

I really hope your wrong. 

26 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I really hope your wrong. 

So do I! 

I love the way Federer plays the game and would like to see him remain as the player with the most Grand Slams, certainly for the forseeable future - unfortunately I think he is going to be very quickly overhauled ? 

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

So do I! 

I love the way Federer plays the game and would like to see him remain as the player with the most Grand Slams, certainly for the forseeable future - unfortunately I think he is going to be very quickly overhauled ? 

Federer or Nadal I don't mind but I would love to see a new generation of players start to win grand slams. One things for sure will not watch today's final can see it been one sided and boring hope I'm wrong. 

23 hours ago, maxjam said:

The Wimbledon's in 2018 when he lost to a random in the qf after being 2 sets up and blowing  3 championship points in the 2019 final against Djokovic will probably cost him 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The Wimbledon's in 2018 when he lost to a random in the qf after being 2 sets up and blowing  3 championship points in the 2019 final against Djokovic will probably cost him 

Yeah, the epic 5 set final with Nadal was another that got away as well. 

On 12/06/2021 at 04:10, ziggyram59 said:

Have you tuned in yet...

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Have you tuned in yet...

Ignore that lol - although to be fair it wasn't the walk over everyone was expecting.

Not an epic by any stretch of imagination but comng back from sets down in a Grand Slam final is a great achievement.  Gratz Novak!

9 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Federer or Nadal I don't mind but I would love to see a new generation of players start to win grand slams. One things for sure will not watch today's final can see it been one sided and boring hope I'm wrong. 

I get where you're coming from but it's up to the others to match up to the dedication, professionalism, stamina and mental strength of Djokovic who right now is on a different planet.

He wore out Nadal over 4 and a half hours and then came back from 2 sets down 2 days later against the world number 3. Whether you like it or not the man is an absolute machine and will go down in history as one of the best sportsmen/women of all time.

30 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

I get where you're coming from but it's up to the others to match up to the dedication, professionalism, stamina and mental strength of Djokovic who right now is on a different planet.

He wore out Nadal over 4 and a half hours and then came back from 2 sets down 2 days later against the world number 3. Whether you like it or not the man is an absolute machine and will go down in history as one of the best sportsmen/women of all time.

Still hate him and his dominance of tennis is boring.