Lee Camp

Charlie George

9 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Been scrolling through the podcasts on Talk Derby to me and came across the Lee Camp series.

Most will probably loath him on this forum,but he comes across very well. Speaks from the heart and 500 plus games in his career so far speaks volumes for dedication and desire.

Certainly goes up in my estimation.

Had quite a chat with him and Giles Barnes, Leacock and Tudgay at a place in Derby on its opening night in 2009.  He was certainly the most likeable and down to earth. Seemed a very polite fella.  

Hes probbaly suffered more through his dads actions than his own.

Capable keeper, and certainly has held his own when sparring with the rams fans.

Recall him getting a load of stick at PP and he made a point of walking calmy towards the centre circle, patting himself on the arm where his captains armband was.

Id rather have had him in goal than bywater who kept him from playing.

2 hours ago, Charlie George said:

Been scrolling through the podcasts on Talk Derby to me and came across the Lee Camp series.

Most will probably loath him on this forum,but he comes across very well. Speaks from the heart and 500 plus games in his career so far speaks volumes for dedication and desire.

Certainly goes up in my estimation.

Always liked him because of how well he plays the pantomime villain against us. The podcasts only increase my respect for him.

Stephen Bywater is in the latest episode, and he actually came across brilliantly as well. Doesn't seem anywhere near as mad as you'd think.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Derby lad. Came through the academy. I always saw the back and forth between fans as 'banter' more than anything. He loves us whether he wants to show it or not ?

As people have already said, I'd have rather kept him than Bywater... even in the Prem season.

Oh, and if you fancy doing us a favour Lee, sign for QPR or Huddersfield and chuck a few in for us... go on... you know you want to!

I like Camp. I think he showed great resolve to pick himself up after the Tango man decided to drop him for a pensioner and the subsequent embarrassment of his dad ringing radio Derby.

I wish he'd found some way to let Barazite's shitty penalty in though.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Just catching up with the latest episodes of Welcome To Wrexham and noticed a certain like Daddy's boy on the bench for them.  Wonder if his old man has been pissin & moanin at Ryan Reynolds why his lad hasn't started any games??

Which episode is that? I am also watching and at episode 12 or something.

I am enjoying it but those 2 guys really had no idea what they bought, it might as well have been a train set to play with. It would have been cheaper...

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Which episode is that? I am also watching and at episode 12 or something.

I am enjoying it but those 2 guys really had no idea what they bought, it might as well have been a train set to play with. It would have been cheaper...

It’s the episode where they’re at Wembley for the FA Trophy.  He’s in the changing room. Blink and you’ll miss him.

It’s a great show, and they certainly get a better grip of things as time goes on