Happy 12th Birthday

Day

15 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

@Davidwho of the original prolific posters is no longer around? 

I recently had a snoop on another forum for the first time in three years to discover RRC had died. Made me think when people stop posting, whether they’ve passed away ?

59 minutes ago, David said:

RRC, was she on COYR’s with the Snoopy avatar?

Quite a few that were regulars and moved on over the years, Dan,  CumbrianRam and Lyndsey, I have them all on Facebook so they are still all well. 

Can’t really think of any that have just disappeared without announcing their departure or closing their accounts. 

This is bad i cant remember his name, but the guy who was a big Nigel fan, think he had lived with the cloughs earlier in life. Think he generally supported the team Nigel was at, but l liked him, would like to know hes ok. (This is where you tell me hes still posting ha)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

This is bad i cant remember his name, but the guy who was a big Nigel fan, think he had lived with the cloughs earlier in life. Think he generally supported the team Nigel was at, but l liked him, would like to know hes ok. (This is where you tell me hes still posting ha)

I remember who you're talking about, but like you I can't remember his username. I presume he's supporting Mansfield these days. ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

He was banned. Received 5 warnings for personal insults on this new software, also used a second account back on the old software to circumvent a temporary post restriction.

Just now, Olton Ram said:

I remember who you're talking about, but like you I can't remember his username. I presume he's supporting Mansfield these days. ?‍♂️

No idea who you’re on about, but sounds like a good idea for a book.

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

No idea who you’re on about, but sounds like a good idea for a book.

You're in luck. Having Googled it you can buy his book about living with the Cloughs on Amazon from September 2nd

(Won't post a link, given that he was banned from the forum)

15 minutes ago, David said:

He was banned. Received 5 warnings for personal insults on this new software, also used a second account back on the old software to circumvent a temporary post restriction.

Wow ok, guess must have missed that. I know he used to get a lot of stick for his clough affiliation but still no need for personal insults.

1 minute ago, Sith Happens said:

Wow ok, guess must have missed that. I know he used to get a lot of stick for his clough affiliation but still no need for personal insults.

This is the thing, a lot goes on what members don’t realise as the moderators are so quick in acting and we try to handle things privately. 

With Mostyn’s question and with the news that a member on another forum has died, thought it was best to answer where the members in question had gone to my knowledge. 

5 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Curtains doesnt post either anymore...i can see he logged in a couple of weeks ago so hopefully will be back posting soon.

Curtains requested his account was deactivated. He can at any point request it’s unlocked. I didn’t see what went on at the time, believe it was a disagreement with members which led to the request. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I haven't seen a poster called Paul on here for ages now, think he used to have the same challenges with his mental health as myself (and others not to decry their battles either). He used to have an emoji of a bunny rabbit if I remember correctly.

Paul71?

42 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

36 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Ronnieronalde was his user name I think.

Seemed a nice guy but copped for a lot of stick for being very anti-Sam Rush & pro-Nigel Clough. I'd say he was probably vindicated by subsequent events.

Surprised he was banned for personal insults but some of the stuff directed at him was way OTT.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I haven't seen a poster called Paul on here for ages now, think he used to have the same challenges with his mental health as myself (and others not to decry their battles either). He used to have an emoji of a bunny rabbit if I remember correctly.

"Paul71" or something along those lines?
I believe he's still here, under a different username.  I don't think the name change was a secret, but it's not for me to say what that new username is.

?

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

200.gif

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

How do you change your username and does the site still associate your old username with previous posts?

I probably need to reinvent myself. Sorry this is probably a topic for Forum Issues. 

https://dcfcfans.uk/settings 

If you change your username you will need to use the new one to login and all previous posts will show as your new username.

Where people have quoted or mentioned you will still show your old username but will still link to your profile.

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Ronnieronalde was his user name I think.

Seemed a nice guy but copped for a lot of stick for being very anti-Sam Rush & pro-Nigel Clough. I'd say he was probably vindicated by subsequent events.

Surprised he was banned for personal insults but some of the stuff directed at him was way OTT.

Thats it yeah.

I enjoyed some of his stories of Clough (senior).

I guess as i was always pro Nigel i enjoyed his posts, used to enjoy reading the stuff he posted about Burton at the time.

Archived