Strikers

plymouthram

Just now, plymouthram said:

Kevin Nisbet, 24yrs old, 6ft 1in. So far this season as scored 10 league goals in 18 apps with a career total of 81 goals in 176 games

Not for me. Needs a season with Hibs to prove himself. 

Not sure Hibs need to sell, so unless its a daft offer they wouldn't entertain it. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Not for me. Needs a season with Hibs to prove himself. 

Not sure Hibs need to sell, so unless its a daft offer they wouldn't entertain it. 

The trouble with waiting another season to prove his worth, if he turns out that good, the price goes up and better offers come in from bigger clubs. That's why I stated it would be a gamble and Hibs only paid £250k for him. I stated on the forum a few years ago that we should go for Ollie Watkins at Exeter. Quite a number on here stated NO. I wonder what happened to him, I mean at the time he was playing in the 4th teir of English football and Brentford took the gamble.

I reckon we could get Nisbet for around £500k, Hibs would be happy with a 100% profit on the player and if it didn't work out i'm sure we could sell on for a similar price without loss. The trouble with proven goalscorers is they don't go cheap and with the FFP to consider you must make the odd gamble to improve your team/squad.

Dursun is 29 and would take time to adapt into Championship style football. Was he not a Cocu target, I think now the circumstances have changed at the club, this one is not going to happen. We have to hope some of our young strikers can step up or get a player from Scotland or League 1 or 2. I've already suggested Kevin Nisbet from Hibs, which could possibly be a gamble. Another suggestion would be Luke Jephcott, the Welsh born striker who as been at Plymouth Argyle since he was 14. Played 38 times since 2018 and scored 17 goals. Turns 21 next month and recently been capped at youth level for Wales.

What about Charlie Austin? Sure...he lead the line against the Champions of Europe last night, but maybe he feels he has something to prove to all the Derby fans who didn't want him this summer. 

We are always greedy as fans but after recent windows, I have stopped naming names and will wait patiently with fingers crossed...but a striker must be a priority. 

On 27/12/2020 at 18:20, plymouthram said:

I reckon we could get Nisbet for around £500k, Hibs would be happy with a 100% profit on the player and if it didn't work out i'm sure we could sell on for a similar price without loss. The trouble with proven goalscorers is they don't go cheap and with the FFP to consider you must make the odd gamble to improve your team/squad.

Hibs won't sell for £500k.  Bids to start at £1.5m - £2m and Derby couldn't afford that on an unproven striker. 

Im not sure where the money for transfers are coming from. 

23 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Hibs won't sell for £500k.  Bids to start at £1.5m - £2m and Derby couldn't afford that on an unproven striker. 

Im not sure where the money for transfers are coming from. 

Unproven striker? A striker is suppose to score goals, this lad has scored 81 goals in all competitions (176 matches). Thats a goal every 2.1 games. Already got 10 goals in 18 matches including 4 assists. Hibs are not a rich club and managed to sign the player by getting him to take a pay cut on the origional deal they made with him.  He admitted in a recent interview that he was not training hard enough and had bad diet and needed to make a change whilst at his first club (Partrick Thistle) where he was sent out on loan to 3 different clubs. He transferred to Raith Rovers where he knuckled down and got 34 goals in 46 games. Stepped up another division to Dumfermine and scored 23 in 32 matches. Now in the Scottish Premiership, already scored against Celtic and even though he didn't find the net in the 2-2 draw against Rangers, he got awarded MOM. Hibs paid just £250k for him, if we go for him next week, they will not be able to demand more than £1m.

On 29/12/2020 at 21:48, plymouthram said:

Unproven striker? A striker is suppose to score goals, this lad has scored 81 goals in all competitions (176 matches). Thats a goal every 2.1 games. Already got 10 goals in 18 matches including 4 assists. Hibs are not a rich club and managed to sign the player by getting him to take a pay cut on the origional deal they made with him.  He admitted in a recent interview that he was not training hard enough and had bad diet and needed to make a change whilst at his first club (Partrick Thistle) where he was sent out on loan to 3 different clubs. He transferred to Raith Rovers where he knuckled down and got 34 goals in 46 games. Stepped up another division to Dumfermine and scored 23 in 32 matches. Now in the Scottish Premiership, already scored against Celtic and even though he didn't find the net in the 2-2 draw against Rangers, he got awarded MOM. Hibs paid just £250k for him, if we go for him next week, they will not be able to demand more than £1m.

Sorry been of the forum for a while. 

I've seen him live 10 times this season and he's done nothing of note bar the Celtic game. 

He definitely had a bright start to the season and looked a real prospect, but he's tailed off considerably. 

My mate has seen all Hibs games this season and always talks up their players, but he doesn't get the hype with Nisbet. 

Hibs financially are in a decent position.  The John Mcginn money and the American investor has helped them bank some cash to see them through the pandemic. 

I'd imagine they will look at the £2m and £3m Livingston got for Dykes and Aberdeen got for Mckenna as their starting position. 

On 27/12/2020 at 18:20, plymouthram said:

The trouble with waiting another season to prove his worth, if he turns out that good, the price goes up and better offers come in from bigger clubs. That's why I stated it would be a gamble and Hibs only paid £250k for him. I stated on the forum a few years ago that we should go for Ollie Watkins at Exeter. Quite a number on here stated NO. I wonder what happened to him, I mean at the time he was playing in the 4th teir of English football and Brentford took the gamble.

No chance they'd let him go for that sort of money - signed a 4 year contract only 6 months ago. All bar his 10 goals for Hibs have been for the likes of Raith and Dunfermline so hardly even the highest level in Scotland.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Looks like that bid could be taken if its true. Did'nt think Birmingham had any money?

More money than sense. God knows where the money is coming from. 

I watched him last night and he's gone off the boil, he struggled to get into the game. 

There's definitely a talent there, but not at £2m. 

Archived