New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Derbados said:

We need a manager who’s prepared for a scrap and a dogfight, with experience of this league and the English game. 

for me it’s Cook or Jokanovic in that order, I honestly believe Paul Cook would have us challenging next season

My top two choices also but in reverse order. Both would be sensible appointments in light of current situation.

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

We need a manager who’s prepared for a scrap and a dogfight, with experience of this league and the English game. 

for me it’s Cook or Jokanovic in that order, I honestly believe Paul Cook would have us challenging next season

Jokanovic is unrealistic

Paul Cook I could definitely get behind

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Benitez is on 12 million a year after tax in China ain’t he? I don’t think he’ll be moving anytime soon 

Just want to play devils advocate here, but I don't think he went for the money.

I read an article when he left Newcastle (https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/02/rafa-benitez-reveals-left-newcastle-neil-redfearn-enters-frame-replace-10102048/) where he said his preferred choice would have been to stay at Newcastle so he could develop them as a project and get them to be competitive in the Premier League, as opposed to managing Dalian Pro. The reason he left was due to lack of trust between Owner and Manager.

With that in mind and also the fact that Dalian Pro are currently 7th out of 8th in Group A of the CSL, who knows. He may jump before he's pushed, and if the Sheikh has as much money as touted by some I can imagine it being an interesting proposition for Benitez.

I would be very surprised if he came but stranger things have happened in football.

9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Benitez is on 12 million a year after tax in China ain’t he? I don’t think he’ll be moving anytime soon 

He might be but I get the feeling with Benitez he’d happily take less money for a good project like he had at Newcastle. 

4 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

Why is Jokanovic unrealistic?

Yet 12 Million a Year Rafa is seriously favoured by many?????

because Rafa is known worldwide, and serious money has been put on him. Generally a good tell tale is either movement in odds or variance (across different bookies) in odds. Jokanovic, whilst a good call, is not a well known name in management outside of Championship football fans. His odds are identical across all the bookies and haven't moved. Usually an indicator.

Archived