Goverment wrecked christmas this year

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Look mate, we all love you, you know that. However you are so wrong on this, you just want everything open and it could kill people. The Govt have made mistakes, some they might never recover from, but who would not. Look at the Welsh geezer, he’s a Labour leader of the Welsh assembly, he’s shut down the whole place, much worse than Boris.. Also I’ve told you before, we ain’t all at party down here in London, Tier 2 covers most of the country and London does not have special dispensation to do what it want.

I am trying to stay calm here due to your circumstances  but these incessant Boris bashing, it’s all about you posts are driving me nuts. I know you don’t want to cause upset and again, you are my favourite poster on here but please think and ask why sometimes. Hopefully someone close can explain it to you.

Can't quite believe it but I (a Labour voter in the last election) have found myself defending Boris against some of my friends who voted Tory last year.

My opinions on his usual policies and views won't change, but I think he's been given unnecessary criticism for his handling of the crisis. With a few exceptions (namely locking down the night before Eid and then making allowances for Christmas, and the way he handled the Cummings scandal), I don't see how he can be criticised too strongly. As far as I'm aware, he's generally (quite rightly) been following what the experts on this thing have been recommending?

Still hope he ducks off in four years' time, mind.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have the same dilemma we’ve had since March.

Economy goes to pot if we shut everything down. NHS struggles if we allow personal freedom, including pubs and football.

Anyone who has medical issues needing the NHS should support the tier system. We have already seen procedures cancelled and private treatments taken out of the equation as part of Wave One. People have died from non-COVID issues who perhaps could have been saved with treatment.

Lots of people love Christmas, Eid or whatever celebration they adhere to. Lots love pubs and restaurants, football and other sports.

Sometimes we all need to see the bigger picture. 

Let’s celebrate a safe December and maybe, just maybe, we can start bringing back the things we love.

If you think football fans will behave responsibly, look at Millwall.

30 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

With a few exceptions (namely locking down the night before Eid and then making allowances for Christmas, and the way he handled the Cummings scandal), I don't see how he can be criticised too strongly. As far as I'm aware, he's generally (quite rightly) been following what the experts on this thing have been recommending?

And the PPE scandal, giving contracts to mates?

On 05/12/2020 at 12:28, B4ev6is said:

Who the one stopped seeing Derby borris

Who one canceled everything borris

Who the one who cost thousands peoples jobs borris.

And if it had been any other (realistic) person as PM it would have been the same. 

If someone is to blame it is probably early Cover Ups in China which allowed the virus out in high quantity. (Even then I don’t think they new what they were dealing with).

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

We have the same dilemma we’ve had since March.

Economy goes to pot if we shut everything down. NHS struggles if we allow personal freedom, including pubs and football.

Anyone who has medical issues needing the NHS should support the tier system. We have already seen procedures cancelled and private treatments taken out of the equation as part of Wave One. People have died from non-COVID issues who perhaps could have been saved with treatment.

Lots of people love Christmas, Eid or whatever celebration they adhere to. Lots love pubs and restaurants, football and other sports.

Sometimes we all need to see the bigger picture. 

Let’s celebrate a safe December and maybe, just maybe, we can start bringing back the things we love.

If you think football fans will behave responsibly, look at Millwall.

Unfortunately, this was always the reality of the strategy that UK adopted. It never had to be 'economy or healthcare' first, the UK was briefed on how transmission etc would behave, but the government chose this path. 

Here in South Australia, that cluster of 30 odd seems to have been squashed, and it's taken 3 days of lockdown and about 2 weeks of harsher restrictions. Given the number, growth rate, and geographic distribution of cases, that is an unbelievable outcome. I'm still kind of expecting there to have been some cases that snuck through, but we're at day 8 without a new case.

They said they had to use those actions to have everything back to normal in the leadup to Christmas, and it worked. Imagine if the UK actually listened to the advice they received back in September. Early responses get better results from less restrictions, that's what they were being told, but they chose not to. 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Can't quite believe it but I (a Labour voter in the last election) have found myself defending Boris against some of my friends who voted Tory last year.

My opinions on his usual policies and views won't change, but I think he's been given unnecessary criticism for his handling of the crisis. With a few exceptions (namely locking down the night before Eid and then making allowances for Christmas, and the way he handled the Cummings scandal), I don't see how he can be criticised too strongly. As far as I'm aware, he's generally (quite rightly) been following what the experts on this thing have been recommending?

Still hope he ducks off in four years' time, mind.

He's messed up on loads but forcing places to shut so even more people don't die is clearly the right decision. 

26 minutes ago, Albert said:

Unfortunately, this was always the reality of the strategy that UK adopted. It never had to be 'economy or healthcare' first, the UK was briefed on how transmission etc would behave, but the government chose this path. 

Here in South Australia, that cluster of 30 odd seems to have been squashed, and it's taken 3 days of lockdown and about 2 weeks of harsher restrictions. Given the number, growth rate, and geographic distribution of cases, that is an unbelievable outcome. I'm still kind of expecting there to have been some cases that snuck through, but we're at day 8 without a new case.

They said they had to use those actions to have everything back to normal in the leadup to Christmas, and it worked. Imagine if the UK actually listened to the advice they received back in September. Early responses get better results from less restrictions, that's what they were being told, but they chose not to. 

Well nice for your lot but here normal people being made to suffer.

Archived