Some old photographs

rynny

As some may know, my grandad played a couple of games for the club back in the early 50s, he has been sorting through his stuff and come across a lot of pictures from his career. 

So over the next however long I will post them up, for anyone that is interested. 

Start with some squad photos. 

FB_IMG_1606898184802.jpg

FB_IMG_1606898178280.jpg

FB_IMG_1606898173929.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things stand out there - looks like a 34 man squad. That's a lot when there's at most 1 sub. I suppose it was back when reserve teams were a significant thing.

The second is, how on earth is Louis Sibley having lunch in the canteen in 51-52? I knew he was too good to be so young. Looks like he's actually a vampire.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Jackets and ties in the canteen, and that fry up looks good. Fascinating stuff.

Great idea showing us these pics of the past.?

Don't suppose you have the names to go with the pics, or we could play name that player?

I can name 1 player in the team photos ?

13 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I love old sports photos. 

Every time I clear the loft it takes me ages. 

Sport is timeless. 

Next time you see an old person who's struggling, remember they were vibrant like the characters in these photos. 

Or like lawrence.?

57 minutes ago, Rev said:

Not a problem, it's almost like I didn't do anything!

Don't you start! ? 

In my defence, I had a tender dropped on me on Friday which I have to submit tomorrow by 5.00PM so trying to keep one eye on the forum for 'critical updates' while furiously bashing out technical docs has me stretched. An all-nighter beckons!  

Archived