Jump to content

Video: 1st time Wazza takes training @ Moor Farm


Ellafella
 Share

Recommended Posts

I heard none of the interim managers (senior coaches) were at the training ground today. Morris had told Rooney last night that during this short period in charge it was far more important that a thorough Risk Assessment protocol was completed to determine all known economic risks, including both micro and macroeconomic circumstances, that might adversely affect club profitability. 

Rooney somewhat out of his depth, sought the assistance of Messrs Rosenior, Walker and Given early in the day. After brainstorming ideas on a whiteboard, and producing a portfolio of ideas on PowerPoint software interface, Rooney and team gave a presentation via Zoom to CEO Pearce late afternoon. Pearce after much thought, thanked them most profusely for their efforts but advised them that the club desired to avoid the continuation of "consensus decision making” developed through the spectrum of a group dynamic, and that in due course he and Morris were hopeful that a new Manager, nay Leader, would emerge with the appropriate business and enterprise qualifications, leadership qualities, and FA training badges, who would disregard the concept of ‘group cohesiveness’ hitherto seen. 

Nonetheless Pearce thought the idea of the first team squad walking to Bristol on Friday afternoon was something that could be adopted, but only if the coaches could be certain that the players would be properly prepared for 90 minutes of Association Football next day. As Fitness Coach Nicholson was unavailable for consultation, an adjournment was agreed, with all participants to reconvene in the morrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Stole the pub scene in American Werewolf.

I remember Kes of course but there a play for today years ago, when he, as one of 3 miners went to Stratford on a canal boat to see a Shakespeare play. He conveyed wonder in a way that stuck with me. And the famous Porridge quote “I rad a book once, it was green” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jono said:

Brian Glover .. what a wonderful actor he was. 
 

 

(Sorry to go off topic but this has relevance:) Absolutely. I remember him in the 1980 comedy Sounding Brass which was a comedy about a Derbyshire Brass Band; BG played the main man (the brilliantly named Horace Bestwick). I seem to recall that there was a lot of DCFC V Florist banter in there but can't find anything on Youtube to support my memory. Anyhow, my suspicions are confirmed just now by reference to the Wiki page...none other than Kevin Lloyd was also a star in the programme so suspect he may have influenced the scriptwriters somewhat. If ever anybody finds footage of it do please let me know...

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounding_Brass_(TV_series)#References

 

ps Got to also love his name when he was a professional wrestler:  "Leon Arras, the man from Paris". 

Edited by Ellafella
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jono said:

I remember Kes of course but there a play for today years ago, when he, as one of 3 miners went to Stratford on a canal boat to see a Shakespeare play. He conveyed wonder in a way that stuck with me. And the famous Porridge quote “I rad a book once, it was green” 

Full Play for Today on YouTube. Brilliant stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kes was a great film. I can remember reading that Barry Hines taught at Dale school or one of the schools in Derby but I can't find any proof of that on the web. Another thing I can't remember clearly was item in the paper saying that Kes was based on his brother or that his brother had written the story for him. This is a well known photo of Barry Hines in the same team as Bob Wilson and Dario Gradi.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/29/loughborough-football-team-photo-with-barry-hines-is-a-bit-of-football-history

Edited by Normanton Lad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Full Play for Today on YouTube. Brilliant stuff. 

I had a quick trawl and thought it was called Shakespeare or bust ? but not certain. In any case those plays in the 70’s were ground breaking stuff. Lots of real people stories, breaking societal boundaries and TV norms .. and without lecturing or political posturing. Just pointing out that we are really all the same when it comes to emotions and life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jono said:

I had a quick trawl and thought it was called Shakespeare or bust ? but not certain. In any case those plays in the 70’s were ground breaking stuff. Lots of real people stories, breaking societal boundaries and TV norms .. and without lecturing or political posturing. Just pointing out that we are really all the same when it comes to emotions and life. 

,...apart from Florist fans & Dirties 😮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

(Sorry to go off topic but this has relevance:) Absolutely. I remember him in the 1980 comedy Sounding Brass which was a comedy about a Derbyshire Brass Band; BG played the main man (the brilliantly named Horace Bestwick). I seem to recall that there was a lot of DCFC V Florist banter in there but can't find anything on Youtube to support my memory. Anyhow, my suspicions are confirmed just now by reference to the Wiki page...none other than Kevin Lloyd was also a star in the programme so suspect he may have influenced the scriptwriters somewhat. If ever anybody finds footage of it do please let me know...

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounding_Brass_(TV_series)#References

 

ps Got to also love his name when he was a professional wrestler:  "Leon Arras, the man from Paris". 

I vaguely remember that. I wasn't very old at the time but I think the Nags Head on High Pavement in Belper featured somehow?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mike Basset film brings back memories as I was an extra in the making of the film.

I was on leave in London, and the Radio London announced that they wanted extras at Wembley Stadium (the old one), for the full day, for the crowd scenes.

When we arrived we had to sign a form that we could not claim any royalties from the film before we were shown where to sit in the stadium. There was about 100 people, but with the digital camera work it was shown as a full crowd.

We first shot a scene where Norwich City win the FA Cup and I had to wear a Canary yellow shirt & scarf. Later we were moved to other areas of the stadium to film the England games, and chant, sing, jump up & down, boo and swear at the team and especially at Ricky Tomlinson when he walks back to the dressing rooms. You can clearly see me swearing and giving him the V-sign as he's about to go into the dressing rooms - my 15 seconds of fame!!

We filmed one scene about 15 times, where the England centre-half goes to kick a Polish winger and put him into the side hoardings. As the centre-half slides in, the winger is on a bungy rope so to exaggerate the tackle but the guys on the rope kept pulling too hard and the winger flew about 10 feet in the air everytime. That scene is shown from a distance and I'm on the front row leaping up and cheering and giving the winger some stick.

We got paid £10 each, as well as a brilliant, all you can eat buffet meal.

I sat alongside the actor Phillip Jackson (he played Insp.Japp with David Suchet in the Poirot TV series), for a number of scenes and he told me that although he was born in Nottinghamshire, he was a big Sheffield Utd fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.