Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Oi oi....Angry is a citizen of leafy Hants now. We don’t permit such emporia within our borders as we like to protect our local "Quiche and Daphinoise" cuisine....?

Not quite. Poxy solicitors are taking an age. 
Apparently I have a few tree preservation orders to worry about. I’ve e had to google trees. Big green things apparently that make a lot of mess In Autumn. 
Bloody countryside. 
Anyway I’ve joined the local hunt ? 

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Not quite. Poxy solicitors are taking an age. 
Apparently I have a few tree preservation orders to worry about. I’ve e had to google trees. Big green things apparently that make a lot of mess In Autumn. 
Bloody countryside. 
Anyway I’ve joined the local hunt ? 

Oh fie and foff.

Yes, as I survey MoodHoover Acres, l see that the garden gets covered in leaves to a far greater depth than it ever gets covered in snow. 

I hope thats a legal hunt! No live hunting allowed now. Only drag hunts......?

image.png.6b023ea6d9fbb6ad8e9ef47a9e94f517.png

7 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

If he was royalty, he'd have HH in front of his name.

He's the Arabian Danny Dyer, loves a tear up on an away day.

He does actually when you look into the Abu Dhabi royal family tree have HH in his title but the media do not use it. 

7 hours ago, King Ramses III said:

Don't really understand FFP but in a season when all clubs are facing reduced revenues because of covid surely there has to be some relaxation of FFP rules, or are half the teams in the football league going to be deducted 12 points? Could this create a window of opportunity for a bit of investment in the club, players, etc?

To this point the EFL hasn't really done anything to help its clubs and to be honest i think they are rubbing their hands in glee at the thought that they will be able to hand out multiple points deductions.

It won't just be points deductions either - half the teams in league 1 and 2 are going to struggle to survive, but the EFL leaders still wont do anything to help.

6 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

The signs are there though, yes Matt Hughes clearly as issues with our club, but, Newcastle fans and Liverpool have warned us that this guy is a time waster.

Chris Samuelson who was involved in the early days is regarded as one dodgy bloke, just read up on him.

I am starting to have my concerns with this deal.

8 hours ago, King Ramses III said:

Don't really understand FFP but in a season when all clubs are facing reduced revenues because of covid surely there has to be some relaxation of FFP rules, or are half the teams in the football league going to be deducted 12 points? Could this create a window of opportunity for a bit of investment in the club, players, etc?

The EFL tweaked the P&S rules to be over a 4 year period rather than the normal 3, with the 19/20 and 20/21 financial results averaged. This would have been acceptable if the current season returned to normal (fans in the ground). However, club's are guaranteed to be worse of this season than last, so I'd expect further adjustments to the rules.

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Might have worked out this whole Royal thing. I think bin means “son of”. So our bloke, Sheikh Khalid bin Zayed bin Saqr, is the son of Zayed and the grandson of Saqr. Saqr was the ruler of the UAE in the 1920s, so that’s his link to royalty. He’s second generation, but he is a legitimate member of the ruling family. It gets weird when you look into it, as Saqr shot and killed his brother Sultan to take the throne. Sultan is the grandfather of Sheikh Mansour, making Khalid and him second cousins. How close they are I don’t know, given their family past! Then again, Sultan also killed his other brother to take the Throne originally, so glass houses and all that...

But yeah, there’s your proof that he is genuine royalty, if anyone was still doubtful. I think anyway, I may be way off the mark because there’s a lot of Sheikhs with the same name, but I’ve done my best ?. Still difficult to tell how much access he’d have to the family fortune mind.

I'm sorry, but you've lost me!  Great work and all that, but I just can't get my head round who is who, or who killed who, to take the crown.

Any chance you could turn this story into a West End musical, so it makes it easier to digest?  Perhaps have all the characters as local animals, like camels and... erm... other desert animals?

Perhaps call it "Lyin' King"?

Ooh... Ooh... perhaps at the end, as your rousing finale of "Steve Bloomer's Watching" brings a tear to everyone's eyes, you could have the King hold up the European Cup from atop a giant sand dune, proudly showing it off to his fawning followers... and they all live happily ever after.

See what you can do, eh? 

Yours,
Discombobulated of Dhabi... sorry... Derby.

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm sorry, but you've lost me!  Great work and all that, but I just can't get my head round who is who, or who killed who, to take the crown.

Any chance you could turn this story into a West End musical, so it makes it easier to digest?  Perhaps have all the characters as local animals, like camels and... erm... other desert animals?

Perhaps call it "Lyin' King"?

Ooh... Ooh... perhaps at the end, as your rousing finale of "Steve Bloomer's Watching" brings a tear to everyone's eyes, you could have the King hold up the European Cup from atop a giant sand dune, proudly showing it off to his fawning followers... and they all live happily ever after.

See what you can do, eh? 

Yours,
Discombobulated of Dhabi... sorry... Derby.

If we are going to turn it into a muscial surely the finale should be 'sultans of swing' ?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

With regards to a new stadium sponsor, I quite like the idea of a nice refreshing drink co, with one eye on the seering heat of the desert...

The Oasis Stadium...

EgLR8QxU4AIwlxi.jpg

I asked myself if this was a good idea... 'i said maybe....'

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

With the emphasis on Dire Straits?  Oh dear... not looking so good now!

In fairness, us actually having a good season does seem 'so far away'...

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I’ve had to google trees... 

Ye Gads, Man!  Why would you even contemplate such a thing!
Next, you'll be researching about arms deals, incest, and digit deformities!

Just run an anti-virus... NOW!  ... and get the hell out of there!  

Archived