Abu Derby County

tinman

2 hours ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I would like to ask 2 rhetorical questions. I am not sitting in judgement of anyone and I certainly would not want to get into an argument with anyone. If you have strong reservations about the Abu Dhabi takeover on issues of human rights but if it goes ahead and Derby end up in the top half of the Premiership would you then celebrate the success? And now the interesting part of the question would this then make you( choose which apply loyal, fickle, flexible, hypocritical, strong minded, weak minded or something else. Don't bother replying I can't be doing with sarcastic comments and hate emojis. 

Why does someone have to take an extreme opinion? Completely happy or never watching my team again?

I'd prefer us not to get investment from a country that isn't a democracy, particularly from someone who is part of that system. Is that enough to stop me supporting my team or wanting us to do well? of course not. No one has said on here has said they will forsake the club if this happens. 

You are creating a straw man argument. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Quite. I posted earlier about some posters who oppose such a takeover but who happily buy their petrol. The United Arab Emirates is one of the UK's most important trading partners and one of the fastest growing markets for UK exports. Last year exports to the UAE from the UK totalled more than £10.5 billion and we had a trade surplus of more than £4 billion . So what do you do if you are uncomfortable trading with a country whose culture and beliefs you don’t agree with. Have no further dealings with them and face a huge financial hit and put thousands of people out of work here. 

(and for those pedantic posters who might come back and say that I posed questions with no question marks, question marks aren’t required for rhetorical questions)

So if we are ok to buy some beer from a rude, ignorant barmaid we should also be happy if they become our landlord, sister in law or next door neighbour? 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

So if we are ok to buy some beer from a rude, ignorant barmaid we should also be happy if they become our landlord, sister in law or next door neighbour? 

My learned friend, why are you comparing Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan to Bet Lynch? 

20 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

We deal in vast amounts of oil and we don’t purchase any from Norway. I believe the majority of crude and its derivatives from Diesel, Petrol, Avgas, lubricants etc tend to come from Saudi, Russia, Kuwait, UAE more than Norway. 

A quick google suggests otherwise, not that I really care ?

6 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Well perhaps your experience isn’t too reliable because I’m right. Norway it is by a big margin

?? thanks for the insight, I’ll bare that in mind next time I place an order with my suppliers. We only buy a few million litres per year from sources everywhere mentioned previously... except Norway. ??????

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Enjoy those sardines ??

I don't think you should bring sardines into the oil discussion,  I think it's a bit of a red herring. 

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

?? thanks for the insight, I’ll bare that in mind next time I place an order with my suppliers. We only buy a few million litres per year from sources everywhere mentioned previously... except Norway. ??????

Pardon me or jumping into a private conversation masquerading as a discussion about the possible takeover of Derby County - I really can't be bothered tracing this argument back to its source, so I must assume that the 'oil' you are referring to must be refined and not crude oil - because if it is crude oil that you are arguing about, then the UK most definitely buys more of that from Norway than from any other single country.

If it's some other form of oil (3-in-1, olive, snake or oil of vitriol), carry on.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Pardon me or jumping into a private conversation masquerading as a discussion about the possible takeover of Derby County - I really can't be bothered tracing this argument back to its source, so I must assume that the 'oil' you are referring to must be refined and not crude oil - because if it is crude oil that you are arguing about, then the UK most definitely buys more of that from Norway than from any other single country.

If it's some other form of oil (3-in-1, olive, snake or oil of vitriol), carry on.

Door hinge oil

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

My learned friend, why are you comparing Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan to Bet Lynch? 

Just adding some context. Buying petrol without being sure which country it comes from is not the same as having one of that countries ruling families owning the club I love.

Also, I have heard he wears leopardskin lycra tops.  

totally confused now, we buy our petrol from bet lynch ?

well if that's true, I hope we make sure our tyres are goodyears.

Archived