Abu Derby County

tinman

Just now, ziggyram59 said:

Lost interest in it all to be honest. I think if we can get a Centre Half and a Striker in transfer window then I think we will be fine this season. As far as takeover is concerned what will be will be. 

Was thinking about this yesterday, it’s only really those 2 we need. 

If Ibe’s fitness is going to take a lot longer to get up to speed, you could throw in another wide player but other than that you don’t want to rock the boat too much. 

Would also be sensible to utilise the loan market for these. January is notoriously expensive to deal in, with clubs losing revenue with Covid transfer fees could go either way, rock bottom to get money in, or sky high. Either wouldn’t surprise me.

About time we gave Lampard a ring, ask what he has for us and with Rooney’s Everton and Man United connections, could be a couple of favours to be had there as well. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, David said:

We don’t know what if any creases there are to be ironed out, don’t see how you can say it “surely” must be today or tomorrow with tomorrow being New Year’s Eve.

I fear you’re setting yourself up for more disappointment with these self appointed deadlines.

It’s not something we can control or have any idea of what’s being said behind closed doors and what paperwork is going back and forth. 

Nothing but wasted energy at this point.

Rooney has said himself, the club are prepared for the transfer window with 2 scenarios in mind. 

What will be will be, enjoy the football and try not to get hung up on this takeover. 

Absolutely, what will be will be.

I wont be too disappointed, Rooney has proved he can get this current crop playing well, give him Dursun and a couple of good loans and he will have us top half by the end of the season no doubt.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Absolutely, what will be will be.

I wont be too disappointed, Rooney has proved he can get this current crop playing well, give him Dursun and a couple of good loans and he will have us top half by the end of the season no doubt.

Dursen isn’t possible with the new rules coming in is he?

I also don’t see why they would sell at this point, they are far from safe and would lose all their goals.

Would be worth more to them than what we would pay surely 

18 minutes ago, David said:

I also don’t see why they would sell at this point, they are far from safe and would lose all their goals.

I may have mis-read, but I'm sure Ed Dawes tweeted last night that he was coming, unless there was a question mark at the end and he was actually asking a question.

I know nothing of the new rules so not sure how it works, if he moved to England today or tomorrow would that get around the rules or would he be sent back home?

6 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Would be really great if we could get Phil Jones in from Man United and make him captain, experienced player and a leader to bring on the younger players. 

Still makes me giggle the number of posters slagging off Jones when his name appeared in the transfer thread a few months ago.

Wonder if those same posters still have the same opinion now. 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I may have mis-read, but I'm sure Ed Dawes tweeted last night that he was coming, unless there was a question mark at the end and he was actually asking a question.

I know nothing of the new rules so not sure how it works, if he moved to England today or tomorrow would that get around the rules or would he be sent back home?

Just looked, can’t see any tweet on him. 

As for the new rules, I have no idea either. Saw this the other day though and I’m doing that, if it’s on the internet it must be true thing.

32 minutes ago, David said:

1. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55152637

2. His contract expiers at the end of this season I believe, He's allowed(if he fits the above criteria)to negociate a contract and then the parent club has 2 options, Take what's offered or he goes for free.

3. Player/Agent power will dictate where or when he moves to A N Other club.

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Are you suggesting his two scenarios are takeover and no t/o?  That was not what I thought he was saying but maybe I read a different article 

Money or no money, takeover or no takeover, same thing isn’t it? That’s how I’ve taken it.

Not sure what else it could mean. And that’s not to say the takeover might never happen, but the club can’t afford to wait until deadline day before moving in the market, I would imagine Rooney will be asking questions daily now and not want to waste any time.

32 minutes ago, David said:

Just looked, can’t see any tweet on him. 

As for the new rules, I have no idea either. Saw this the other day though and I’m doing that, if it’s on the internet it must be true thing.

I know it's hardly a concrete bit of info, he even spelt the name wrong, but Ed is tweeting his mate who is talking about strengthening the squad and Ed, in his position, tweets "Dursun on the way".

I hope he is right.

20201230_091322.jpg

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I know it's hardly a concrete bit of info, he even spelt the name wrong, but Ed is tweeting his mate who is talking about strengthening the squad and Ed, in his position, tweets "Dursun on the way".

I hope he is right.

20201230_091322.jpg

You do know that’s not Ed Dawes right? 

40 minutes ago, David said:

Money or no money, takeover or no takeover, same thing isn’t it? That’s how I’ve taken it.

Not sure what else it could mean. And that’s not to say the takeover might never happen, but the club can’t afford to wait until deadline day before moving in the market, I would imagine Rooney will be asking questions daily now and not want to waste any time.

I hope he was saying we’ve got a key target and his second scenario kicks in if we fail in that. 

I’d be worried if he was openly referring to a non-takeover scenario 

Continue to think the club should accelerate his media training. 

12 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I hope he was saying we’ve got a key target and his second scenario kicks in if we fail in that. 

I’d be worried if he was openly referring to a non-takeover scenario 

Continue to think the club should accelerate his media training. 

I don’t think there was anything wrong with his interview especially regarding transfer targets. He got slated by some for being a little too candid when he talked about the takeover hopefully being completed within 48 hrs (or whatever he said). This time, he answered the question well in my opinion and how we interpret the two scenario answer is down to us. Maybe he was talking about target B if A fails, maybe he was talking about if the takeover fails, maybe he was talking about if for some reason it’s still not completed in time. 

3 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Would be really great if we could get Phil Jones in from Man United and make him captain, experienced player and a leader to bring on the younger players. 

Yes would love to see this happening because every time Wisdom goes near the ball i get palpitations

However this could be another player we arelooking to sign that as had zero football of late and could well be Feb/march before up to speed 

1 hour ago, ramboy63 said:

Yes would love to see this happening because every time Wisdom goes near the ball i get palpitations

However this could be another player we arelooking to sign that as had zero football of late and could well be Feb/march before up to speed 

Good thing Wisdom has managed to rely on the rest of the defence to bail him out resulting in only one goal conceded in the last five games then ?

Archived