Billy Davies Sweepstake - Sacked 12th June

GboroRam

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/sport/Burns-Silence-Forest-Davies-future-deafening/article-3628920-detail/article.html

TODAY could be D-day at Nottingham Forest then, as the Reds' chairman Nigel Doughty and boss Billy Davies meet once again, two weeks since they last met in London to discuss the Scot's future at the City Ground.

The silence since then has been deafening and now it is time Forest publicly back Davies or sack him.

The loyal Reds' fans deserve better than being kept in the dark about one of the most important issues at the club.

They deserve to know whether Doughty and the rest of the club's board want Davies to lead Forest next season, in the final year of his contract, or not.

I don't know what is going to happen, but I am worried the severe uncertainty once again surrounding the club, because of Davies' relationship with the board, will badly affect any plans to mount another assault on promotion to the Premier League, after defeats in the Championship play-offs in the last two seasons.

After the heartbreak of those games, like every fan I want to be excited about new signings and who will strengthen the club's top-flight ambitions, rather than be anxious about whether Forest are going to be looking for a new manager.

So far, of course, there have been no new signings, but one player, Nathan Tyson, has signaled his intention to leave the club.

He will not be a big loss, in my opinion. He only scored two goals this season and I'm sure I would have scored four!

There are two other key players out of contract, Robert Earnshaw and Guy Moussi.

I would let Earnshaw go because he only scored eight times this season.

I want Forest to sign a more prolific striker, like Billy Sharp, who will score 20 goals to fire the club's ambitions.

As for Guy Moussi a tortoise is faster than him at times!

Paul McKenna could also be leaving and I think he will exit the City Ground.

Paul is a good pro and he will be hard to replace because he has been such an influential figure in two seasons at the City Ground.

But, at 33, I don't think he is up to the rigours of another campaign in the Championship, as Forest target promotion – whether Davies is at the helm or not.

No fussed either way, we should be Premiership by now, should never have signed a Derby reject anyway, even if he is the most successful of modern times.

Nigel done a better job, changing the worst team in history, getting rid of dead wood, however, the League is too good for you this season, another relegation battle, maybe we can swap managers?

I think we're rather naive as a club - instead of reducing the debt by £40m and turning the club profitable we should just have gone into administration like Leicester, Leeds, Portsmouth etc. Instead we took a more honest approach, drastically reducing the wagebill, getting rid of the better players and replacing them on a shoestring. Somehow we've managed to do that AND stay in the Championship.

Forest aren't good enough for the Premier League - QPR, Norwich and Swansea were all better. So were Reading to be fair, and Cardiff, but that's besides the point.

You won't go up next year either - West Ham, Reading, Birmingham, Cardiff will all be there or thereabouts. We'll look forward to shedding the rest of our debt and remaining in the Championship.

Billy's great at spending money, Nigel's great at saving money - either way, both will remain in the Championship.

Archived