Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

58 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Middlesex commentators singing the praises of Anuj Dal....what do I know about cricket ??

He's having a good game, it has to be said.

The love in is so intense I'm starting to wonder if one of them are his agent. He is having the best game I can recall him ever having so far.

201-9 at close of play. Dal fell just short of his 50, Thomson hit some nice boundaries but we only just scraped to 200. Considering 5 of the top 7 combined for 16 runs, it could have been a lot worse. 

Difficult batting against the new ball, which is why you have to stick around until the ball gets older. Only Du Plooy managed do that. Still somewhat in the game at least.

129-4 at lunch, couple of wickets for Conners, one each for Aichinson and Thomson. Not been the swing of the first 2 days, but 4 wickets is good going, though runs have come too freely, Reece was poor with his opening spell.

Found it interesting that Thomson has come on to bowl before Critchley both innings...Thomson has bowled better as well to be fair.

127-3 at lunch.

Wood out first bal before id even put the stream on ?‍♂️ Du Plooy thought he was still playing in the Hundred, and tried to smash everything and eventually hacked one onto his own stumps.

Godleman been solid all morning, as has Critchley. Conditions better for batting than the first innings, especially once the ball gets older....whoch makes Du Plooy’s decision making all.the more baffling.

221 all out.

Similar story to the first innings, 2 batsman that batted well, but didn’t go on long enough to be really significant. The rest, a load of rubbish.

Never scored enough runs, but we let Middlesex get around 100 runs more than they should have. Could have been an interesting finish....at least we made it to day 4 ?